Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wall Display for PSA cards

Does anyone have any experience with these and / or is there something better out there?

Click here

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    many have said these are ok.

there is another co making a superior and more costly product not sure the name.

Its been disgussed on past threads
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased a couple of those and some other storage boxes from Penzoni. I am satisfied with their product.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get creative and make you own display case...I built this in a weekend. This is 1955 Topps set with the four "missing cards" included. I was amazed when playing with the math that 15 cards across times 14 rows just so happened to come out to 210 cards...the exact number in the set (if you include the 4 non-issued cards).

• Options
    That's awesome but there isn't a person on the planet more incapable than me when it comes to making anything resembling that. image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurbs...

Just sit down and draw something you might think will work for you...work on the math a bit to make sure everything will fit as you want. The cards you see all sit in a 1/4 inch dado cut (groove) and tilt slightly backward so they won't fall out. I added about 1/2 inch extra on each row so I could take a card out if I wanted. All materials easily gotten at Home Depot or Lowes. I used 1/4 inch plywood for the back, and some 1x2 stock that I ripped to fit inside the box. It IS NOT hard to do...surely you've got a friend that has basic carpentry skills. I stained it with a walnut stain, let it dry, then hand sanded it to make it look aged. There is a 1x2 cleat at the bottom that supports all the weight, which is screwed into studs, and about 8 sheet rock screws randomly placed to make sure it stays on the wall.

Build your own thing, you might be very surprised and very satisfied when completed. If I can do it, so can you!!

• Options
    Sorry but those instructions were full of words I have never heard before. Believe me, I can't even hand a shelf or put together ikea furniture.image
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    That is a great display!! I would love to have something like that BUT I would constantly obsess over required dustings. I don't do well with dust.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I had this made at the local high school,just went and talked to shop teacher and this is what
    I got in return,

">displayimage[/IMG]
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Follow up question. Is it best to use display cases with glass cover or is that not important as far as protecting the PSA cards from fading etc?
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO I want an UV protected cover.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Check your local yellowpages or craigslist for wood workers in your area. Most of them would create one based on your design/ideas/specifications. The guys who make showboxes are usualy the best one's.
    -Aries
    The Zodiac Collection
    My PC: The Zodiac Collection
  • Options
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Cant seem to load my picture,link above DOES NOT WORK,wont let me edit either??

I went to the high school shop teacher and worked out a deal to have this made by his students
    I love it,think it holds about 90-100 cards and cost under 20 BUCKS.

J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Very cool displays!!
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)