Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Should I be able to get this set registered?

This happened to me last summer. I though it might be an idea to collect the rookie cards of each member of the 1992 and 1993 World Series Champion Toronto Blue Jays. I had never made a set registry request before so I touched base with someone who answered the set registry email to see if this would be possible. I was told yes, that it would be a set that fell in the "Key Card" category but that I had to own six cards from what I thought should make up each set before I could make the official request. I bought six of the cards at 10-15 bucks each from four sharp corners and went back and requested the set be registered. I was told (by someone different than I talked to originally) that they did not register this type of set but that they might in the future. I told this person that I had been previously told that it would be possible. I was told that the first person was wrong. I was choked but after a bit more back and forth I gave it up.

This week I noticed that there is a set registered for the 2010 Canadian Mens Olympic gold medal hockey team that was made up of rookie cards of each player on that team. Seems odd to me as that sounds like the exact same idea I had just a different team. I emailed Joe Orlando and told him about this. So far he has only asked me the specific name of the person I talked to which unfortunately I no longer had.

Question, I know I could have a look around myself but I am wondering if anyone knows of any other sets like this that have been registered?

Thanks for your help!

jb