Home Sports Talk
Options

It may be early but what are your predictions of who will make the NFL playoffs and who will win the

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of the 12 playoff spots are still up for grabs as some division titles are still undecided and the wildcard teams are undecided.

So take a stab at predicting which 12 teams will make the playoffs and who will win the Superbowl.

Here is my predictions.

AFC field - Houston, Denver, New England and Baltimore (duh, they are already in), plus Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

NFC field - Atlanta, SF, Green Bay (duh, they are already in), plus Seattle, Chicago and the New York Giants.

Superbowl - New England beats SF (though my wish is for Denver to beat either the Giants or SF for the title).

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England beats the Giants as Brady gets his first legitimate Super Bowl victory.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Seattle over the Patriots
  • Options
    Cowboys over whoever
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Denver beats Green Bay
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I have to say the NFL has really created an incredible system. Any team that makes the playoffs has a reasonable chance of winning the Super Bowl. That's awesome.

Right now I think the Pat's are hot and I think the Giants will turn it around and get there so I am saying Pats over Giants... 37-33.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Going out on a limb here, but I predict that...
    1. Chiefs aint going to the bowl even if they buy their own tickets!! They would miss the enterence rampimage
    2. In all seriousness, I think Pitt will get it together and get in to the playoffs.
    3. I wish Chicago would get in so I could jump on their bandwagon, but I dont see it.
    4. In the afc I think its a coin toss between Houston and New England.
    5. In the nfc I think its between Washington and Green Bay. And whats wierd is I think(today) that Washington just might get it done.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Going out on a limb here, but I predict that...
    1. Chiefs aint going to the bowl even if they buy their own tickets!! They would miss the enterence rampimage
    2. In all seriousness, I think Pitt will get it together and get in to the playoffs.
    3. I wish Chicago would get in so I could jump on their bandwagon, but I dont see it.
    4. In the afc I think its a coin toss between Houston and New England.
    5. In the nfc I think its between Washington and Green Bay. And whats wierd is I think(today) that Washington just might get it done. >>

I like your thinking...
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Now Im confused
    1. Pitt just lost to Bengals! Is that possible?
    2. Is Seattle for real?
    3. Does SanFran really suck THAT BAD?
    4. Im clingin to the hope Chicago can actuall pull it out, but even if they get in, I dont like their chances.
    5. I still like Washington to win Division, but im starting believe Packers win NFC.

I guess this is why they play the games. I cant feel any love for Denver, Atlanta, or San Fransico. Im probably wrong but I dont think they have what its gonna take to hit the homerun so to speak. Im thinking theres probably a spoiler gonna come into the mix. As of today, thats how I see it.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    My predictions for the playoff field is already in the dumper and the regular season is not over yet. Pittsburg is out and I am not very good at prognostication.

In the AFC I still think New England is the team to beat. Houston is showing it is beatable. Denver is having a great run, but as many have pointed out the teams it has played while winning 10 straight are mostly cream puffs. It has the second highest scoring offense and the fourth or fifth best scoring defense. It has a balanced offense and a very good defense. However unless and until Denver beats top teams in the playoffs it is suspect. The Colts are playing well and may surprise folks in the playoffs. The Bengals are the Bengals and likely will not play more than one game in the playoffs. The Ravens are a team that is getting older and have shown that they can be beaten this year.

In the NFC two spots are still open. Greenbay is on a roll. SF is up and down and injured. Atlanta is cruising along but many view Atlanta with a lack of respect until it wins in the playoffs. Washington is not in but is playing well and knocking at the door. Seattle is in the zone and is putting a beat down on everyone.

I guess we will know the playoff field and seeding next weekend.

Then the fun really begins.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New York Giants will get stupid lucky and sneak in and win it.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Atlanta over Houston.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The New York Giants will get stupid lucky and sneak in and win it. >>

This year, I don't think so, so Brady's Krptonyte will be out of the way.

However, the way Seattle is playing, I don't want to see them in the Superbowl -- the Pats not only can lose to them but could lose big.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Can Seattle survive multiple road games? I've never watched anything like I've watched the past 3 weeks. Wilson means everything to that team and should honestly get some MVP votes.
  • Options
    My opinion as of right now is Denver vs. Atlanta, with Denver winning. In a week, my opinion might be totally different. Usually the team that wins the SB lately is the one that catches fire at the perfect time- and that is damn hard to predict.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i think it will be the patriots and falcons but i must admit this may be one of the most open superbowls i have ever seen...its very hard because every team has a weakness and everyone seems to be evenly matched...i think the patriots would win a tight superbowl over atlanta...almost time to sit back and enjoyimage
  • Options
    I'm going to go way out and say Cinci over san fran

LOL

u never know?
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay easy win over Denver.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    When I posted this thread on 12-18-2012 I predicted that the Steelers, Bears and Giants would make the playoffs. They did not. Instead of them the Redskins, Bengals and the Vikings made the playoffs.

Here are my playoff predictions:

NFC:

Wildcard Weekend - Greenbay beats the Vikings and the Seahawks beat the Redskins.

Divisional Weekend - Seattle beats Atlanta and SF beats Greenbay

NFC Title Weekend - SF beats Seattle

AFC:

Wildcard Weekend - Bengals beat Houston and the Colts beat Baltimore

Divisional Weekend - Denver beats the Bengals and the Patriots beat the Colts

AFC Title Weekend - New England beats Denver (though I hope Denver beats New England)

Superbowl - New England beats SF (If Denver wins the AFC I would love to see it beat SF 56-10 as payback for the SF 55-10 pasting of the Broncos in the 1989 Superbowl)