Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1958 Pele Titulares

It's a bit of a beater but I was looking for one for a pretty long time and thought the front presented ok. It was between this and the 58 Alifabolaget for my rookie card collection. I decided to go with the titulares since it was issued out of Brazil. The card is smaller. About the same size as the alifabolaget or a 66 panini. I hope it has enough of a back to get a psa 1. Any thoughts if it could get a 1 or is authentic the best it could do?

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Great card to have in any condition!
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's minimum size I don't see why it wouldn't get a number grade. I've dealt with a ton of cards that were removed from albums and scrapbooks and I've never seen one get Authentic-only due to back damage. They'll kill a card's grade (I've got NM-MT cards with a speck of paper loss on the back sitting in PSA 2 slabs) but it will still number. Nice pickup.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I met Pele at the Hudson Hotel club on the West Side in the summer of 2005. True Story. He was with a few friends (all women except for 1 other guy) and for about 1 hour no one else at the club recognized them. Then people starting trying to chat him up. He was cool with that for another half hour or so, then his group left.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    This is another card I've been looking for for quite a while. Happy to cross it off the list. I'm down to just 2 more cards on my none major sport checklist that i haven't found yet.

Jesse Owens

The 2 I have left if anyone has them are

1955 abc British athletes Roger Bannister
    1968 Mira Rod Laver

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Jesse card!

I've got a few '36 Olympic cards and one from a British set - can't remember - something like kings of speed?

I like that logo across his chest. Card looks better than a 3.

Thanx for sharing.
    Mike
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW ... that's an AWESOME looking "3". Great addition.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Thanks. There is some glue on the back. It's odd that 2 of these popped up on eBay in the past 3 weeks. I've been looking for this card for over a year. I missed out on the first one that was raw that sold for a high bin. Glad I waited since condition isn't a huge priority to me

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Cool card, Chad! Congrats!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    awesome card! would love to own one.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thanks to GeneralJim I was able to get a another card that I've been looking for for over a year. A 1955 ABC British Athletes Roger Bannister. It's kind of an odd one but thought a bannister rookie would fit in well with the other track/Olympic rookies on my checklist. Since it was never on eBay it became a card I really wanted. Here is an image of the card... Not the actual one I got. Too lazy to scan right now. Eventually ill start a new thread and scan each card. It's been fun crossing cards my ever growing list. So far the collection includes cards from 15 different countries and 6 continents.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't happen to have a 1937 Globo Chewing Gum Jesse Owens, do you?
  • Options

<< <i>As long as it's minimum size I don't see why it wouldn't get a number grade. I've dealt with a ton of cards that were removed from albums and scrapbooks and I've never seen one get Authentic-only due to back damage. They'll kill a card's grade (I've got NM-MT cards with a speck of paper loss on the back sitting in PSA 2 slabs) but it will still number. Nice pickup. >>

I just dropped the pele in the mail to go to psa. The thing that concerns me the most us there is some sort of clear plastic stuck to the back. It's very thin and not noticeable. It is sort of like contact paper. I'm really hoping for a 1 rather than authentic on this. Either way... I'm looking forward to seeing it slabbed.

• Options
    very cool card...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!