Home Sports Talk
Options

Apparently RG3 isn't brother enough

Youtube

in case the link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cIQ9qlni1k&feature=share

wow. wow. wow. Ignorance is bliss.

Tickle Your Fancy Currency

Collector of DC Nationals (want list in yellow)

Comments

• Options

RG3 is about as perfect a role model as you could possibly want in an athlete. He's a very impressive individual. Some people are just never going to "get it".
  • Options
    Idiot liberals
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Kirk Cousins is white enough for Rob Parker. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    RG3 is such a classy guy and really has a great head on his shoulders. I am always so confused to why people like RG3 and Teabow are picked on. The stuff these guys do off the field are far more impressive than the things they do on the field. You put 53 guys like these two on one NFL team and I will show you a team that will never lose.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am always so confused to why people like RG3 and Teabow are picked on. The stuff these guys do off the field are far more impressive than the things they do on the field. You put 53 guys like these two on one NFL team and I will show you a team that will never lose. >>

A team of 53 Tebows would go 0-16. They'd have no passing game.
  • Options
    Tebows record as a QB is actually much better than 0-16. Tebow is a leader and that is what should be seen here. While I agree that Tebow may not be the best NFL QB we have ever seen, he proves he is a winner. RG3 has done a great job at QB for his first year just like Tebow. IMO those guys are class acts regardless of color or religion.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tebows record as a QB is actually much better than 0-16.
    >>

I only a said a team of Tebows would be 0-16.

<< <i>While I agree that Tebow may not be the best NFL QB we have ever seen, he proves he is a winner. >>

He may have a 8-6 record as a starter, but few people consider him a proven winner in the NFL. In 5 of his wins, his team scored between 13 and 18 points. With an average defense, his record would be about 5-9. That's why he is now a backup on a team with a bad starter.
  • Options
    FWIW The ESPN commentator has been suspended for his comments.... Evidently you have to look/act like Flavor Flav to be considered a real brotha (thug lifestyle, gold teeth, several children with different mothers, kaleidoscope rims, etc...)
  • Options
    Jets would have won that game last night had they not played Sanchez. Tebow would have won the game.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    This is nothing new from Rob Parker.Rob IMO has always been very negative.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that the words Martin Luther King said almost 50 years ago about a day when a person is judged by the content of his (or her) character instead of the color of his (or her) skin are ignored by people today.

There is a tendency on the part of many segments in society (politics, religion, sports, entertainment, business, government, etc.) to continue to pigeon hole all people with a given characteristic (i.e. skin color, gender, ethnic background, age, etc.) into an artificially constructed box. If you do not submit to being placed into the particular box (i.e. blacks must vote Democrat) you are viewed as a misfit or a turncoat.

How sad.

Why is it that a person can not be judged by who he or she is as an individual instead of being stereotyped and pigeon holed?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jets would have won that game last night had they not played Sanchez. Tebow would have won the game. >>

Sanchez out and McElroy in for the Jets next game. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Tebow is garbage
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>That may be so but Tebow isn't Christian enough. He doesn't act like a Christian. He doesn't do what Christians do. >>

That's what Parker said about RG3's "blackness."
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I think digicat just pulled a PFM Roethlisberger.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Are you accusing me of plagiarism? Is THAT what this is about??? >>

/forwarding thread to ESPN for legal action.

<< <i>I think digicat just pulled a PFM Roethlisberger. >>

I had to go and read the Facebook QB things to understand what you're saying. Good stuff.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had to go and read the Facebook QB things to understand what you're saying. Good stuff. >>

Due to the sensitive language (heh), had to be a tad cryptic but figured you would eventually catch on. Have a strong feeling this issue will be discussed at length in the upcoming convo.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Oh yes, I have a feeling after the RG3 debacle, and the big SEA/SF game this weekend, the next Facebook conversation will be great!!!