Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone notice the completed sales on Ronda Rousey cards?

Pretty healthy prices for her cards....jeez.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Nice kid too! Trained at the judo school here in town a few years back
  • Options
    She's a beauty and a great role model! Dont know anything about her cards though.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Who is she? I have never heard of her.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is pretty clear that she is becoming a part of Americana and the mainstream culture with her devastating quick title wins. I had my ten year old nephew call me around 9:30 last night to ask if Ronda beat that girl and in talking to my mom this morning she was saying how much of a fan she was of Ronda, etc. When you look at the commercials she is in, the movies, and being in magazines etc. she is everywhere. I do not see any woman capable of challenging her outside of Cyborg so she has the ability to be on an amazing run for quite some time. I think it is very realistic that she can sustain a run that will launch her in a category like The Rock and perhaps if we go back a little further Hulk Hogan. She has the package of beauty and brawn and you have people like LeBron James saying that he would not want to fight her. Anyone here collect any of her cards?
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>I think it is pretty clear that she is becoming a part of Americana and the mainstream culture with her devastating quick title wins. I had my ten year old nephew call me around 9:30 last night to ask if Ronda beat that girl and in talking to my mom this morning she was saying how much of a fan she was of Ronda, etc. When you look at the commercials she is in, the movies, and being in magazines etc. she is everywhere. I do not see any woman capable of challenging her outside of Cyborg so she has the ability to be on an amazing run for quite some time. I think it is very realistic that she can sustain a run that will launch her in a category like The Rock and perhaps if we go back a little further Hulk Hogan. She has the package of beauty and brawn and you have people like LeBron James saying that he would not want to fight her. >>

This.

There are several generations of females (my wife & daughter included) who look up to Rhonda in a manner in that in previous eras would be reserved to actresses, super models, singers, etc.. Now women can look up to one of their own and see a complete bad ass and I can only imagine that's gotta feel quite empowering.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily the worst UFC card I have ever watched coming on the heels of the best card in history.

That said Ronda has the IT factor. Devastating knock for sure.
  • Options
    One of her 2012 cards that is a one of one signed memorabilia cards has sold for $7000. Pretty impressive.
  • Options
    I thought it was classy for her to dedicate the fight to "Rowdy" Roddy Piper after his death. It was also great to hear how he was cool with her having the "Rowdy" nickname. I am sure all of that has landed her some additional fans.
  • Options

<< <i>I do not see any woman capable of challenging her outside of Cyborg so she has the ability to be on an amazing run for quite some time. I think it is very realistic that she can sustain a run that will launch her in a category like The Rock and perhaps if we go back a little further Hulk Hogan. >>

Hopefully bigger, and hopefully McGregor is too, since they actually fight. I don't mean any disrespect, as the WWE guys certainly have athletic abilities and entertain thousands of fans. I just hope there's a significant portion of the collecting community that favors real fighters over those who pretend to fight. Again, no disrespect intended. I tried about a dozen different ways of writing this so nobody gets pissed off. I just have a lot of respect for Rousey, McGregor, Pacquiao, etc.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Easily the worst UFC card I have ever watched coming on the heels of the best card in history.

That said Ronda has the IT factor. Devastating knock for sure. >>

My god, the whole card was terrible. They should have held off the two Ultimate Fighter fights for dark matches in Brazil until after the Main Event once the first couple fights went the distance. I was sitting at the bar for almost five hours. Awful. And yeah, the Lawler/McDonald card a couple weeks ago was the best card I've ever seen.

But Ronda was pretty incredible.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Big bucks for this one
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    whoever is paying that for these will eventually lose a ton of money - when she stops fighting, these will drop faster than her opponents

i like her, but buying these cards at these prices is just begging to lose your wallet
  • Options

<< <i>She's a beauty and a great role model! Dont know anything about her cards though. >>

She gets paid a nice sum to pose completely nude and showed everything but her vajayjay and then a month later says it would be immoral for her to pose nude for Playboy. Awesome role model and hypocrite.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I do not see any woman capable of challenging her outside of Cyborg so she has the ability to be on an amazing run for quite some time. I think it is very realistic that she can sustain a run that will launch her in a category like The Rock and perhaps if we go back a little further Hulk Hogan. >>

Hopefully bigger, and hopefully McGregor is too, since they actually fight. I don't mean any disrespect, as the WWE guys certainly have athletic abilities and entertain thousands of fans. I just hope there's a significant portion of the collecting community that favors real fighters over those who pretend to fight. Again, no disrespect intended. I tried about a dozen different ways of writing this so nobody gets pissed off. I just have a lot of respect for Rousey, McGregor, Pacquiao, etc. >>

Had the UFC paid better years ago many stars from professional wrestling would have chosen that route. Many of the wrestlers from yesteryear were legitimately tough. Today most are just great athletes.

Harley Race was said to be the most feared fighter for many years in wrestling and beat the living s+ out of tons of people.

Read this article. If you like real fighters you will love Meng.

Meng

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhonda is tough. Cyborg will give her a run though

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Unfortunately,with all UFC champions, they end up losing somewhere down the line and their cards take a tumble with them.
  • Options
    Gina Carano cards can be had pretty cheap now days.
  • Options
    Rousey cards may have a crash soon..........especially a loss in a rematch.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Rousey cards may take a dive sooner than expected !

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    if i were in that market, id buy on the dip.....she'll be back refocused and win...America loves a come back and the media will prob someone with her personality etc back up....she was physically gifted to win but just lost her focus and was too distracted....she's the type that will be back..from what little I've seen...but a "star" is needed to fill that void
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    This one seems to be doing well

link