Home Precious Metals
Options

Spot is teasing me to buy..

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Holiday things and money is sort of dedicated during this time. But I'll buy if the price gets a wee bit better.

The charts tease me, and I need a fix real bad, so I'll see what happens through tomorrow.
I mean hey, there was a dip for years holiday season!

Trying to keep the buying to my incoming money, but considering the jump in Cap Gains next year,
I may allocate some $$ to "take."
COA

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Go ahead and buy 21- 100oz Engelhards just so you can say you outdid SilverBaron. image He's a beast!

Buy some now at 32.50, buy some more in 3 weeks at 31.50 and buy some more in 2 months at 36.50. Your average will be 33.50.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping my powder dry. I believe we will briefly see the high $20s again.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting more year end selling as investors attempt to avoid capital gains tax increases next year. Sitting on a lot of silver paper ultra shorts since 33.70 looking for the right exit. Looking to buy a whole lot of ASEs with some collector coin profits when I feel the bottom is in. $50 uncirc AGEs were very good to me again this year.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on an 18mo contract extension to be finalized. If/when that happens I'll probably be pulling the trigger with the end/beginning of year dips.
  • Options
    I am thinking $27-29 per ounce around the end of the year. Then movement back up to $33 an ounce, and a range of 32-36 for the whole year of 2013.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buying cautiously !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Silver is getting sideways long on the chart.... needs to rally over the next couple of weeks and show some strength.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm expecting more year end selling as investors attempt to avoid capital gains tax increases next year. Sitting on a lot of silver paper ultra shorts since 33.70 looking for the right exit. Looking to buy a whole lot of ASEs with some collector coin profits when I feel the bottom is in. $50 uncirc AGEs were very good to me again this year. >>

There panicking out there, I can feel it. They want to buy their kid the GI Joe with the Kung Fu for Christmas.

Not an exact quote, but still a classic!
    New Collector
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "Sitting on a lot of silver paper ultra shorts since 33.70 looking for the right exit."

derryB...can you pinpoint/clearly state the "right exit" point for us please.
    I know I am clueless.
    Thanks.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one "exit" strategy as explained by Mr. Santelli for the market movers.For which it stands...or falls.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Sitting on a lot of silver paper ultra shorts since 33.70 looking for the right exit."

derryB...can you pinpoint/clearly state the "right exit" point for us please.
    I know I am clueless.
    Thanks. >>

when a reversal appears to stick then I'll go ultra long. No set number. Requires close monitoring. I'm playing volatility, not intermediate or long term projections.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm expecting more year end selling as investors attempt to avoid capital gains tax increases next year. Sitting on a lot of silver paper ultra shorts since 33.70 looking for the right exit. Looking to buy a whole lot of ASEs with some collector coin profits when I feel the bottom is in. $50 uncirc AGEs were very good to me again this year. >>

There panicking out there, I can feel it. They want to buy their kid the GI Joe with the Kung Fu for Christmas.

Not an exact quote, but still a classic! >>

Welcome aboard jpcienkus, great 1st post!

Randolph Duke: Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies is going to keep going down, William?

Billy Ray Valentine: Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Randolph Duke: [on the ticker machine, the price keeps dropping] He's right, Mortimer! My God, look at it!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Looks too me like we're going down for a while...30 looks close on the charts...27 looks like a possibility as well.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley