Home Sports Talk
Options

Donny Baseball thinks high expectations are unfair

Yeah, how unfair of media and fans to expect these highly paid athletes to perform at a high level and win.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny Baseball has a point, look at the Red Sox, they spent a stupid amount of cash on some big name players and had a ridiculasly embaressing season. Spending like a drunken sailor doesnt garuntee a thing, however these guys should perform at a high level but again it dont mean a championship.
  • Options
    Few things would make me happier than seeing my childhood baseball idol guide The Dodgers to a World Series Championship and finally getting his ring.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Donny Baseball has a point, look at the Red Sox, they spent a stupid amount of cash on some big name players and had a ridiculasly embaressing season. Spending like a drunken sailor doesnt garuntee a thing, however these guys should perform at a high level but again it dont mean a championship. >>

No, it doesn't guarantee anything, but there is some talent on that team (some overpaid talent) and they should be a very competitive group unless of some unfortunate injuries.