Home Sports Talk
Options

Royals/Rays trade

I have been reading a lot of negative opinions about this trade against the Royals.
trade talk
Quite honestly, I am just pleasantly surprised that the Royals made a move. I know that people talk about how crazy it is to ship off Will Myers, but look at how the last few big hitting prospects have done: Mark Quinn, Alex Gordon, Billy Butler (OK, Butler is a decent hitter, but nothing special).
Anyway, maybe its the beer talking, but this might be the first decent move they've made in a while. It's not like things could get much worse. I might even have to increase my usual goal for the Royals from keeping out of the basement to only losing 70 or 80 games.
Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Adrian- I think that at some point, every team has to try and make a run. The Royals can't be a farm team for everyone else forever. At some point they have to switch course, add some horses and say "We want to compete THIS year". I applaud ownership for taking that stance. I don't necessarily think that Shields is the Ace to get them a divisional title, but the Royals will be a much better team with Shields and Wade Davis in the rotation in '13 than they would have been without those 2 SPs and with Will Meyers playing LF.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I just had to revisit this one. The trade really helped the Royals get to the WS last year. Myers looks like he is hitting it pretty good this year for the Padres, though. Shields is gone this year, but Wade Davis continues to impress in the bullpen for the Royals. Overall, a win for the Royals, at least so far.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    KC has a powerhouse team this year. I'm happy I have Hosmer on one of my fantasy teams. image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan