Options
What would you name your own coin firm?
Some coin firms have interesting names, especially with double entendres, and these are my favorites--Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Legend Numismatics, Disruptek
Most firms have the name of the proprietor or founding owner--David Lawrence, David Hall, Douglas Winter Numismatics, Mark Feld Rare Coins, John Kraljevich, Harry Laibstain, Sam Sloat, Gary Adkins
Some firms' names describe the coins they sell--Type Coin, Penny Lady, Numismatic Americana
Some firms do not indicate what they sell--Pinnacle Rarities, Gold Rush Gallery
Many coin firm names are tied to a location--Rare Coins of New Hampshire, Park Avenue Numismatics (now in Miami
), Delaware Valley, Yellow River, Midwest Money
How many firms use "Liberty Coins" as their business name?
What would you name your rare coin firm, if you started, bought, or owned one--and if you already have one, what would you name it if you could do it over again?
Here are some of possible names that would work for me:
Marathon Coins (especially if I relocated to the Florida Keys)
Three Rivers Rare Coins
Grateful Red and Gold Coins
Rad's Rarities
(I'll keep working on it
)
Most firms have the name of the proprietor or founding owner--David Lawrence, David Hall, Douglas Winter Numismatics, Mark Feld Rare Coins, John Kraljevich, Harry Laibstain, Sam Sloat, Gary Adkins
Some firms' names describe the coins they sell--Type Coin, Penny Lady, Numismatic Americana
Some firms do not indicate what they sell--Pinnacle Rarities, Gold Rush Gallery
Many coin firm names are tied to a location--Rare Coins of New Hampshire, Park Avenue Numismatics (now in Miami
How many firms use "Liberty Coins" as their business name?
What would you name your rare coin firm, if you started, bought, or owned one--and if you already have one, what would you name it if you could do it over again?
Here are some of possible names that would work for me:
Marathon Coins (especially if I relocated to the Florida Keys)
Three Rivers Rare Coins
Grateful Red and Gold Coins
Rad's Rarities
(I'll keep working on it
0
Comments
An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.
Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com
<< <i>Whizzers! >>
On a scale of Mormon to Lohan, how many cocktails did you have at lunch today?
<< <i>
<< <i>Whizzers! >>
On a scale of Mormon to Lohan, how many cocktails did you have at lunch today? >>
Epic post!
BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
<< <i>
<< <i>Whizzers! >>
On a scale of Mormon to Lohan, how many cocktails did you have at lunch today? >>
Funniest thing I've seen in a while! Thanks!!!
My shop would be Coins and Relics. It would include select antiques and ephemera, mostly small items.
<< <i>Whizzers! >>
Hmmm, double meaning?
Mine would be CoinsAreFun
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
Ever since the 3 Stooges took my 1st choice (Dewey Cheatem & Howe).............there has only been one other one that
could compare:
Lie Cheat and Steal ............used by a very reputable coin firm back in the mid-1980's. And for that time period it adequately described MANY national coins firms,
which was the owners' point.
Personally, I'd ensure that the name doesn't include the word "coins" since that only improves the odds that someone eventually stalks you. It's annoying to
deposit checks in the bank that say "XX Rare Coin" company on them. These days, mum is the word.
I chose this name for several reasons. Primarily my love of history caused me to seek a name that had the "feel" of a 17th or 18th century merchant and also, this ties in well to our inventory which is much more than just numismatic items. We deal in lots of different areas, mostly with some sort of history related theme or relevance. Not coincidently, our office is located on "Old Jamestown Rd" so there was a nifty little geographic tie in as well that I liked.
Interesting topic. There are some clever names out there for sure. I've always thought The Penny Lady, JJ Teaparty, CRO and Eagle Eye were some of the more memorable out there that didn't use a person's name directly in the title.
I'd stay away from anything "fad" like Grateful Red etc. and keep a serious tone. I guess that's a take on The Grateful Dead rock band? If I were limited to selling problem coins in upper holders I guess I could take a cue from Bowie and call the service "Diamond Dogs" - but I'd rather have something that suggests quality, reliability, safety, security. Three Rivers sounds nice, but what does it really mean (I know it has many applications and there was a Three River Collection or some such. If I am missing something please tell me)? Pinnacle has an obvious meaning. I too would think about it.
Good luck with your venture(s)!!!!
Eric
The Penny Lady®
Eric
They call me "Pack the Ripper"
<< <i>Not sure why RYK would select Disruptek as one of his favorite names. From that name, you can't even tell what business they are in. >>
Exactly! It makes me want to know.
Edit: Let's leave NotSure out of this.
I'll settle for this.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
/
"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.american-legacy-coins.com
Hoard the keys.
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.
i actually like the name three rivers rare coins ? However, if you live in Missouri , folks locally would wonder how you came up with that name until they know you
<< <i>
<< <i>Not sure why RYK would select Disruptek as one of his favorite names. From that name, you can't even tell what business they are in. >>
Exactly! It makes me want to know.
Edit: Let's leave NotSure out of this.
It makes RYK want to know, most of us would just move on to the next thing without investigating further.
I would rather be more descriptive so the reader/potential customer has an idea of what the company does, without having to do additional research (which most people will not do.)
Edit to add: I sort of figured NotSure wouldn't be able to decide on a company name.
An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.
With 4 nested "C's" with a little "o" in the center.
awsmoe.
Lance.
Stefanie
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
Leading me to conclude that Aardvark & Sons Rare Coins is the best possible name for a coin company.
Coin Rarities Online
<< <i>The last time this topic came up it was concluded that having a name listed near the beginning of the phone book was an advantage, and people liked family owned businesses.
Leading me to conclude that Aardvark & Sons Rare Coins is the best possible name for a coin company. >>
OK, that was a literal LOL here.
But be careful, or else Aardvark & Aardvark Rare Coins will nose you out for the top spot in the phone book.
New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.
<< <i>Robert ,
i actually like the name three rivers rare coins ? However, if you live in Missouri , folks locally would wonder how you came up with that name until they know you >>
If it were a national firm, it would not matter. Anyway, we have plenty of named rivers in Eastern MO. Mississippi, Missouri, etc. Okay, how about Two Rivers Rare Coins?
<< <i>
<< <i>Robert ,
i actually like the name three rivers rare coins ? However, if you live in Missouri , folks locally would wonder how you came up with that name until they know you >>
If it were a national firm, it would not matter. Anyway, we have plenty of named rivers in Eastern MO. Mississippi, Missouri, etc. Okay, how about Two Rivers Rare Coins?
Reminds me of the story of the counterfeiter in the mid-1800's who made banknotes on the "Bank of the Mississippi River". Most people didn't get it.
An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.
<< <i>Some coin firms have interesting names, especially with double entendres, and these are my favorites--Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Legend Numismatics, Disruptek
Most firms have the name of the proprietor or founding owner--David Lawrence, David Hall, Douglas Winter Numismatics, Mark Feld Rare Coins, John Kraljevich, Harry Laibstain, Sam Sloat, Gary Adkins
Some firms' names describe the coins they sell--Type Coin, Penny Lady, Numismatic Americana
Some firms do not indicate what they sell--Pinnacle Rarities, Gold Rush Gallery
Many coin firm names are tied to a location--Rare Coins of New Hampshire, Park Avenue Numismatics (now in Miami
How many firms use "Liberty Coins" as their business name?
What would you name your rare coin firm, if you started, bought, or owned one--and if you already have one, what would you name it if you could do it over again?
Here are some of possible names that would work for me:
Marathon Coins (especially if I relocated to the Florida Keys)
Three Rivers Rare Coins
Grateful Red and Gold Coins
Rad's Rarities
(I'll keep working on it
Grateful Red is a part of the student section for Wisconsin Badger home basketball games at the Kohl Center. Somewhat akin to the antlers at Missouri.
I buy gold, you get vodka, hahaha.
Comrade Renski
Bach's coin Box - from a dealer named John Bachman
Coins of Merritt - His first name is Merritt
merse
Lets you live in Hollywood Beach, Florida. It could be a name like Beach Rare Coins & Currency or something entirely different. If you use your real name its possible someone could find out where you lived and target you for robbery / burglary.
Small Town Coins & Collectibles
Davison, MI. is one square mile with 5,100 peeps :-)
LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA