Home Precious Metals
Options

Looks like platinum is catching-up gold !!!

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any thoughts ??? image
Timbuk3

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $66.00 spread in favor of gold. The article I read yesterday wasn't gung-ho on platinum, but it wasn't necessarily negative either. I think that not too many people really know where it's going to go, relative to gold or any other metric either.

Zero Hedge was talking about the relationship between easily-extractable oil and gold, with the conclusion that gold rises whenever an oil shock/higher oil prices occur. Platinum has some of the same supply side dynamics that gold has, so I'd guess that both gold and platinum rise when cheap energy is harder to come by.

I like gold for its strength as an alternative to fiat and because it is becoming monetized informally with the potential to be re-monetized officially. I like platinum as a scarce but highly useful metal that happens to be available in coin and is quasi-monetized.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Not quite sure what it means.... and in what ways..

Looked at the 10-year kitco comparison and it has swung both ways over time.
    How does this affect the buy/sell/profitibility of it, beyond the other PMs.

I thought this and Palladium had some interesting charts, but I'm not experienced enough yet,
    and haven't bought any so far.
    COA
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like platinum as a scarce but highly useful metal that happens to be available in coin and is quasi-monetized. >>

Make it go lower so I can backfill my proof plats image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear vs. Fundamentals in the Platinum Market

". . . until signs of global economic growth emerge or we see serious, permanent supply destruction, we view any movements in the platinum market as fleeting, not fundamental."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $87 spread now. Platinum is still on sale! If all this talk about economic recovery is true, I would expect platinum to start catching up. I'm not holding my breath.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.