Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Today's Frank and Sons haul.

After getting to Frank and Sons with two of my buddies, and after buying some singles that I'll be sending in for grading, I came across a seller with these:

In total there are:

18 x 1979 Wax Trays
16 x 1980 Grocery Packs

He also threw in two case fresh 1981 Donruss boxes which look really nice.

Had another fun day at Frank and Sons. image

Justin

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Thank you for this contest and this opportunity to WIN... I'll guess 34 racks and 2 boxes! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice haul. Mind telling us what they went for?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you for this contest and this opportunity to WIN... I'll guess 34 racks and 2 boxes! image >>

LMAO!

<< <i>Nice haul. Mind telling us what they went for? >>

I spent 800.00 today for all of this, plus a bunch of singles today. One is a dead centered 1957 Dodgers sluggers. It looks like a conservative 6 due to the corners though. I also grabbed a 1961 HR Leaders (Mantle/Maris) that looks like a 7. Very well centered. The other 6 cards were singles of Kobe and Durant that should grade very well.

EDIT: I'll try and post scans of the cards later...for some reason scanner is having issues. image

Justin
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>...for some reason scanner is having issues. image >>

Have you told your scanner how beautiful it looks today? That it looks like a brand new scanner?

If that doesn't work, try covering the glass with some whipped cream and then slowly clean it with a soft cloth. image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the show this past weekend that had Stan Lee. I usually avoid the show when they have big signers like Stan, but the wife had some co-workers over and I wanted to get out.

Parking was very tough, I got lucky when a crew from the Enterprise decided to go home. The line for Stan was all the way deep into the parking lot. Dealers were telling me that a lot of people think that Stan is near the end of his signing days, so everyone is trying to get one. I think he actually left early (before 1pm I think) which leads some credence to that school of thought.

I bought a few singles I needed for my football sets and a 2013 SP Authentic Football Box. I hit the jackpot on the box since it was hot box and I got 3 Rookie Patch Autos. I also bought 5 1985 Topps Baseball Rack Boxes. The boxes looked tight and the dealer claims that he purchased a storage locker full of rack boxes. A couple of the boxes still had the factory label so I tend to believe him.

All in all a great time. I haven't gone to a show in years and hit two this month, I have to start going more often. I forgot how much fun a show can be.

Mike