Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Drinking and eBaying-bad for your health

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had one too many, jumped on eBay and bought/bid on a card I thought sounded great at the time, then woke up the next AM to find an invoice in my mailbox and ask myself what in the world I was thinking...
The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah, if you're slosheded and you faceplant on the number pad in the final 10 seconds, you're gonna take a hit. image
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    It happens to the best of us. Probably the worst of us too.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Been many years for me, but I did that more than once back in the day! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I tend to find an online group break when tanked up. It's a kick in the junk the next morning when I try to recall my lousy hits.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Nope Nope...Never done that imageimageimage

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to make excuses.

I've made some really bad buys on ebay from time to time.
    Mike
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I'll get bagged up and come home and rip vintage packs open that I thought I'd never rip, and the next morning, I'm stuck with a headache and a bunch of commons.

Jeremy =)
  • Options
    Heck, I don't even have to be drunk to do that!
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Only the Lord, the bank and myself know. Some things are just best left undiscussed.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Not eBay / card related, but the last time I drank rum on a Friday night, I woke up the next morning to realize that I had booked a flight to NYC for the following Monday to see a Blue Oyster Cult concert in Times Square.
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I wasnt drinking, but was tired and accidentally bid on a bunch of Donruss golf commons on sportlots. Unlike many ebayers, I honored the bid and paid anyway
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another word of advise is to never screen raw cards for grading when you've had a few too many. Nothing worse than dropping a mint raw card on the floor or taking out a corner when trying to jam a card back into the card saver when you're seeing double or triple.
  • Options

<< <i>Another word of advise is to never screen raw cards for grading when you've had a few too many. Nothing worse than dropping a mint raw card on the floor or taking out a corner when trying to jam a card back into the card saver when you're seeing double or triple. >>

Quite a few years ago I attempted to repair a movie projector (looong time ago) while I was drinking. I ended up throwing it in the trash!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Guilty. Recently I bought a Venom logo t-shirt (Spiderman villain) while surfing Ebay loaded. Next morning I asked myself WTF were you thinking? I don't even know where I would wear it. ...I guess to bed.
  • Options
    Ha! You guys funny. I got lit last night, but the only thing I had the courage to do was change my avatar.
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost did something stupid...............
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Venom is a bad ass
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Guilty. Recently I bought a Venom logo t-shirt (Spiderman villain) while surfing Ebay loaded. Next morning I asked myself WTF were you thinking? I don't even know where I would wear it. ...I guess to bed. >>

I was hopeful after reading the first few words here that you had actually gone in this direction. , in which case the purchase would have been roundly applauded.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I wish it was only eBay. I'm not sure how the current Mrs. 777 is going to come to grips with my actions on eurowifefinder.org on Friday night.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish it was only eBay. I'm not sure how the current Mrs. 777 is going to come to grips with my actions on eurowifefinder.org on Friday night. >>

Hopefully you paid via paypal. File a claim as item not as described. Also, when you file that claim, start a thread here and post daily updates.

Then we can start a debate on the merits, ethics, and protections of using PP for human trafficking.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    if she comes to grips Friday night never happened.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    And you're drunk?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold a couple BIN's at about 1am on New Year's Day (likely drunk buyers), and so far neither of them have paid. image
  • Options

<< <i>I sold a couple BIN's at about 1am on New Year's Day (likely drunk buyers),

That's why at our shop, we use to give free shots of tequilla. The kids loved it! (Just kidding)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Its usually drunken purchases of 90s basketball booxes for me. Just did one recently, 98-99 SP Authentic...I am sure I'll get that Sign of the Times MJ too...Just like I hit big on the 96-97 Bowmans best and 97 finest I did the last 2 times I got drunk. Probably time to stop drinking.