Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I just got these two signed wrestling cards in the mail....

I have really taken a liking to getting signed wrestling cards to add to my collection. I had a chance to buy these and did.

What is very interesting about the Fred Blassie card is that this is one of the toughest cards in the set to find in high grade and this card in hand is close to mint. I like strong condition cards that are signed especially. Fred Blassie was a long time wrestling legend and was a mainstay in the NY territory for many years.

1983 Wrestling All Stars Fred Blassie

This is the Davey Boy Smith rookie card. He was a super cool wrestler and had an amazing physique. Unfortunately he went very young. This is his rookie card and not a particularly strong condition one but a very cool piece of wrestling history.

Comments

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickups. I really like that Blassie card.
  • Options
    Awesome stuff, love the autos
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Be careful David, you might fall down the autograph slope. It's very slippery
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think since David's focus is pretty narrow it is a great addition to the collection...some people may not be so impressed by a PSA 10 of a tough all star but everyone understands the lure of an autographed card. Congrats!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dave ... nice cards. Always loved watching The British Bulldogs wrestle Tag Team style!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Nice stuff image
  • Options
    Vey neat stuff. I notice that theres a card that was graded between these 2 cards posted. Did you submit yourself or purchase already authenticated? Dont hold back on us and post scans of the rest. lol
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought these two from Alan Barcoff who has been responsible for supplying a large number of the rare signed wrestling items that are surfacing.

He submitted around 35 cards he told me so there were certainly others submitted around these two.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, was Blassie Hogan's manager awhile and is Blassie still alive? I love the nickname "Classy Freddie Blassie"
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Hogan was managed by Blassie for a few years at most.

He passed away in 2003.

Here is his WIKI page.

Freddie Blassie
  • Options
    I think that your Blassie and my Blassie may have been signed at the same time, same source and look similiar.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Alan Barcoff

Alan who is the guy responsible for so many of these signed wrestling cards that have been making there way into the market started posted old pics from the 1980's with him and the wrestlers. He has some really cool pics on his page.

Here is the link in case anyone wants to see them.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Alan is THE MAN!!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I can make that a third confirmation!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Alan Barcoff
    Alan who is the guy responsible for so many of these signed wrestling cards that have been making there way into the market started posted old pics from the 1980's with him and the wrestlers. He has some really cool pics on his page.
    Here is the link in case anyone wants to see them. >>

Dave ... thanks for sharing. Fun going thru them. Interesting to see how he got started in the business.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Alan has been a cool guy to get to know.

I met him buying an Adrian Adonis PSA 10 and he was insulted by my offer and said to call him to discuss.

We hit it off talking about wrestling and have stayed in touch ever since. He knows wrestling and had some one of kind experiences with the wrestlers.

• Options
    what do you think your Blassie would grade? I have two of these signed cards and may send in for the red flip this month...if it is strong you may want to red flip it.....
  • Options
    It is easily an 8. I am not sure if I am willing to say it is a 9. Very strong card for sure.
  • Options
    If it is that strong you should absolutely red flip it then.....you have a Flair or two that could be a red flip and perhaps a Hogan or two!
  • Options
    Freddie Blassie would have been 95 today......