Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox Free Agents

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
So Far I like it.

Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino? Victorino had an off year in '12 but a damn good outfielder, Napoli will hopefully get back on track like his 2011 Campain.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Victorino signing frees the Sox to more aggressively find someone willing to take Ellsbury for a one year rental and provide some prospects or pitching in return. Ellsbury is an MVP-caliber player when healthy, but he's not going to sign cheaply after 2013 so the team may as well part ways now. At best, they get a draft pick when they offer him a one year contract at the end of his walk year.
  • Options
    Im 100% Ok with Ellsbury being let go, ofcourse he is a stud but he cant stay healthy thats been proven enough times.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    So what's the problem with Ellsbury? Why does he keep getting hurt? Is it the same thing every time, or is he made of glass?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>So what's the problem with Ellsbury? Why does he keep getting hurt? Is it the same thing every time, or is he made of glass? >>

Made of glass, one injury after another.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    IMO Sox over paid on both.Nothing they have done so far is going to scare anyone.Too bad Ellsbury keeps getting hurt.He is another Pete Rieser who could have been a Star but played the game overley aggresive risking injury just like Jacoby.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No comments on the free agency stuff...check with me in June.

However...one of the weirdest things I did see a short time ago, was Bobby Valentine and Brian Cashman rappelling off a 22 story building in Stamford, Connecticut. Both of them dressed in elf suits and going over the edge side-by-side. Why anybody would do this in the wee hours of the morning is beyond me. Rick Reickmuth (spl?) also took the plunge...apparently it's a yearly thing they do. I don't understand the value or purpose of the stunt, but rapel they did.

BTW guys...Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You guys in Rhode Island only get the Happy Holiday part, no Christmas for you, thanks to your whacked out Governor. For you guys in New England, or have roots there...have a wicked good Christmas!! image

OK, I'll be the first....GO RED SOX 2013!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>IMO Sox over paid on both.Nothing they have done so far is going to scare anyone.Too bad Ellsbury keeps getting hurt.He is another Pete Rieser who could have been a Star but played the game overley aggresive risking injury just like Jacoby. >>

I completely disagree that we overpaid, especially for Victorino. If you look at his stats he measures up comparingly to some bigger names with bigger payrolls. On the other side of the coin who knows, the Sox have had zero luck with free agents recently but either way these guys are not going to hurt us like the last batch of crap could have.

Its early and no way we can tell but Im happy that we havnt doled out 250+ million for 2 guys