Home Sports Talk

Kansas City Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, then himself

jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
Here is the ESPN Article.

Apparently he killed his girlfriend, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot himself in the parking lot in front of general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel. Wow...

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope the NFL handles this properly: moment of silence for the girlfriend, not the murderer.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I sure hope the NFL handles this properly: moment of silence for the girlfriend, not the murderer. >>

Very interesting comment ... did not even think of that.

Belcher grew up here on Long Island.

RIP to both of them. What the hell drives someone to do this? Just so much of this happening. The biggest loser in all of this is the 3 month old orphan.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sure hope the NFL handles this properly: moment of silence for the girlfriend, not the murderer. >>

Indeed.

Thoughts and prayers to the ex's family and now parentless infant. Pioli and Crennel, who did absolutely nothing wrong, will now have to live with that moment for the rest of their lives. Such a freaking shame

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Moment of silence in this case should mean the game is re-scheduled. Two teams with zero playoff aspirations, and one of them dealing with this. What a terrible situation for the families, Crenell, Peoli, teammates, fans...so many others.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely makes no logical sense at all.

Of course when it comes to romantic relationships (boyfriend/girlfriend; engaged couples; married couples, etc.) logic often does not play any part in what happens.

Very sad, especially for the infant and for the extended families of the mother and father of the infant.

It will be interesting to see how the league reacts to this. Postponement or cancellation of the game (between two teams who have no chance of making the playoffs) would seem appropriate. However, I suspect that the league will decide that the game must be played and the head coach of K.C. must be on the sideline coaching his team (If I was a coach who personally witnessed a player of mine commit suicide I would not have any interest in coaching a game the next day).

Very sad turn of events.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    sad sad news
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Very sad. Crennel should have told the NFL "we will not be ready to play on Sunday" if nothing more out of respect for the deceased and their families.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• What a freaking coward, he is where he belongs at this moment
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Wow, how sad. It's difficult to jump on the guy without knowing all the facts, if anyone ever will. There may be some kind of mental illness, or something, that could have been the cause. That being said, horrible result for the families, and especially their baby.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Chiefs organization handled it well with a moment of silence to honor all victims of domestic violence.

Some fans didn't do such a bang up job, holding signs honoring the murderer.
  • Some of you like death and dyng. No other reason for posting messages about it. You want the worst for others so you feel better. The Chiefs player stuff is on something called CNN and ESPN, as if nobody here knows about it. Why would someone even bring this up here. 'gee golly, I'm all cool because I give pitty and lordy will like me if I show pitty and and look at me lordy'. Where did those fake posters go about family deaths to get you to give them stuff, and buy their stuff without question. Funny how they come in and suddenly disafakapear.

That dude who killed himself deserves to rot. And that is without ANY stupid 'faith' stuff. Screw that loser. He fails.