Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Irrational eBay buyer

I'm not going to tell everyone to add this person to their BBL, just want to vent a little:

So I listed a 2012 Topps mini box on eBay with a Buy It Now on 11/11 and it's bought almost immediatley. I waited 5 days for payment and sent the buyer a gentle request for payment. The buyer then paid and I shipped the box the same day (11/16). I left feedback that same day mentioning the shipping date in the FB. I also sent the buyer an email stating the same thing, as I am big on communication.

On 11/26, I get the following message via eBay "I paid for this on the 16th and yet no tracking number? Did you ship this? If not then just refund my payment. I need an update. I don't like sellers who do not communicate and give tracking so if you want a positive then do your job."

So I checked the USPS web site using the tracking number and it said they attempted delivery on 11/23 and left a note. I relayed this info to the buyer and never heard back. I've been following the tracking and see that they actually got the package yesterday. I guess I didn't 'do my job' because I didn't get my positive.
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Did you upload the tracking number after you shipped the card if not it's not the same thing as leaving
    the shipping date in his feedback which he may have not even looked at.

James
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I didn't upload the tracking number. Lesson learned there. I've been buying and selling on eBay for about 12 years - I was bound to run into an overzealous type sooner or later.
    Daniel
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I would recommend always putting the Delivery Confirmation number on the auction. I almost always print the shipping through Ebay and it shows up automatically. He may not have read the message you sent.
  • Options
    Still, a rational person would have just said some thing like "I didn't receive the package, can you tell me when you sent it? Can you give me the DC number?" That's what I'd do, not get all nasty about it.
    Daniel
  • Options

<< <i>Still, a rational person would have just said some thing like "I didn't receive the package, can you tell me when you sent it? Can you give me the DC number?" That's what I'd do, not get all nasty about it. >>

Unfortunately, courtesy and manners have always been in short supply. I also type in the DC number after it's generated and so far it has helped me avoid the situation you had.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    In the buyers mind a rational person would have posted the delivery confirmation number.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    print the shipping through Ebay and it shows up automatically

THIS
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In the buyers mind a rational person would have posted the delivery confirmation number. >>

This is the best answer. I got a package today from two Ebay sellers and I had no idea when or if they were shipped. I was planning on sending a message to them tonight if they had not arrived. Look at it from the buyers perspective the auction info did not show the item had been shipped. Its just way simpler to do your shipping through Ebay and the info is automatically there. Plus its usually cheaper as well. Your Delivery Confirmation is usually free as well.
  • Options
    I guess I dodged a bullet on this one. Just checked this buyers ''feedback left for others". Last 25 feedbacks: 16 positive, 5 neutral, 4 negative. All the neuts and negs were to different sellers.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Can you post the buyer's ID please? I have 0 tolerance for idiots.

Thanks
    Jason
  • Options
    Buyer was thevelvetlady.
    Daniel