Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nothing like some variety help from a fellow forum member.

Just got a PM a few mintues ago from Fcloud that a coin I listed on Ebay was a 1937 S DDO FS#101. I originally purchased this coin months ago from a fellow forum member for the Gold CAC sticker and the 2.0 holder. I never looked for the DDO and really never thought to. Goes to show that you can look for these DDO's, RPM's etc and still miss some!

Thanks again Tony you are one stand up individual and if you are ever in SE Michigan, hit me up and Dinner is on me!

Tom
Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I will post it hereimage

I was wondering what the empty post meant
    I was going to pm you and ask if you need helpimage......but now I know.

That was very awesome today is turning out to be a very good day for
    many people here on the forum!

Congrats to both of you
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    It was a very good day. I also found 2 AU 1972 TY2 Ike's and 4 71D FEV Ikes 1 in UNC, in a dealers bin for $1.25 each. That was too easy! image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to help... I hope the coin doesn't get cracked out. It is more cool in the old holder with the gold sticker than a common holder that just says FS101.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was fun to help... I hope the coin doesn't get cracked out. It is more cool in the old holder with the gold sticker than a common holder that just says FS101. >>

i like the look in the current holder as well image

gj u2

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was fun to help... I hope the coin doesn't get cracked out. It is more cool in the old holder with the gold sticker than a common holder that just says FS101. >>

At that price, I doubt it would be cracked out. The variety isn't worth that much in an attributed holder. If someone buys it they are buying the old holder and sticker. The DDO would just be an added bonus in this case....or so goes my thinking.

Congrats to Tom and nice job to Tony for noticing it and pointing it out.
    Here is my Top Pop 1937-S DDO FS-101....which Tony used to own. image

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was mine it would be cracked out in a heartbeat and submitted to PCGS for grading and attribution and into my sets.image

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it was mine it would be cracked out in a heartbeat and submitted to PCGS for grading and attribution and into my sets.image >>

Jon, There are enough of these out there to leave it in its holder with the sticker. This one belongs in the holder it is in. I'm sure with some searching you could find an MS65 or better.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    No need to wait...get it now....stickers don't mean squat to me! Sorry.image
  • Options

<< <i>No need to wait...get it now....stickers don't mean squat to me! Sorry.image >>

But plastic does?
  • Options
    Plastic in itself doesn't....but being in PCGS already all I have to do is send in for attribution and reholder.image

If it had been the 37-P not S I would have been all over it...and freed it from that old plastic and silly sticker.image
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Plastic in itself doesn't....but being in PCGS already all I have to do is send in for attribution and reholder.image

If it had been the 37-P not S I would have been all over it...and freed it from that old plastic and silly sticker.image >>

I agree with you, If I needed it for a registry set it would be cracked. If the top pop is a 66 then this Gold Stickered 5 should be a 66FSB. Just my 2 cents.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Plastic in itself doesn't....but being in PCGS already all I have to do is send in for attribution and reholder.image

If it had been the 37-P not S I would have been all over it...and freed it from that old plastic and silly sticker.image >>

I agree with you, If I needed it for a registry set it would be cracked. If the top pop is a 66 then this Gold Stickered 5 should be a 66FSB. Just my 2 cents. >>

If you crack it out and get it into a PCGS 66FB Attributed Holder let me know. image
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I personally don't think it is a 66 and I would not pay 66 money for it just because of the silly sticker.
  • Options

<< <i>I personally don't think it is a 66 and I would not pay 66 money for it just because of the silly sticker. >>

I said nothing about a 66, I already have one of those. I said 66FB. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file