Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Saver 1 Question...

do you guys put the card in the middle or all the way to the bottom ?? too me in the middle is the best.(no pressure on the card).too me when you shove it to the bottom where its tight, you can damage the corners. thoughts??? thanks
# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Not all the way to the bottom, but I do try to put it in the card saver near the bottom. I dont want it sliding out of the top.
  • Options
    i go more towards the bottom but not all the way to the edge
    think of it like a q-tip in your ear - you should stop when you feel pressure

i do sometimes go a little further if a corner nneds a little straightening from a light touch - think i have had a couple of 7's come back 8 with that trick - but it has to be a very light "ding"
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I try to go in as deep as possible. I also use protection in the form of a soft sleeveimage
  • Options
    Agree with Bubble always in the middle riding high.

Interesting analogy image

Barry
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any advice on submitting minis in CS 1? Specifically, should I go with a penny sleeve first or just straigt into the CS 1? I know with regular sized cards, it's very cramped with a penny sleeve.
    Daniel
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    Paul. I totally agree with you!!! That's how I do them and yes I think going all the way down causes pressure too ie damage!. Could make the differance in a 8 to a 7 or 10 to a 9! Never had a card slide out either!
    Corey
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    If you put your cards in holders they don't make that cool sound in your bike spokes.