Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Submitting foreign coins to PCGS

I'm probably overlooking something very obvious, but where are the instructions for submitting foreign (non-US) coins to PCGS? I've submitted many US coins and the process is well described and straight forward. I can't find anything at all on submitting foreign coins. For example, do I use the same submission form? Is there a coin lookup database? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure is quiet around here...anyone willing to help?
  • HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Ive only ever submitted in the US through a friend so sorry I cant help but this is the link to PCGS Europe submission form showing one example:

http://www.pcgseurope.com/SubmissionForm/Paris/EnglishForm.pdf

Is it the same?

I was looking at the PCGS Europe website but can't see where you join up as a Club member?? can anyone point it out for me please.
  • 3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm probably overlooking something very obvious, but where are the instructions for submitting foreign (non-US) coins to PCGS? I've submitted many US coins and the process is well described and straight forward. I can't find anything at all on submitting foreign coins. For example, do I use the same submission form? Is there a coin lookup database? Thanks in advance. >>

It's the same form as US, the old one form fits all. I have submitted hundreds if not thousands of foreign and have never used a PCGS coin number. Just make sure the coin is described correctly, i.e. country, date, mintmark, etc and you will not have a problem.

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
    Great, thanks!
  • As stated, PCGS doesn't distinguish on the forms between US and non-US. However, for all pre-1955 non-US coins, you must select Secure Plus on the form.
    960 Coins - Rare and high quality 960 Reis overstrikes and counterstamps from Brazil and more.
    http://blog.960coins.com - All about the 960 Reis coins.
    Check my BST!

<< <i>As stated, PCGS doesn't distinguish on the forms between US and non-US. However, for all pre-1955 non-US coins, you must select Secure Plus on the form. >>

Thanks, and yes I saw that. Makes me think a little harder about which coins I am submitting.
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    You could also use this only form: https://www.pcgs.com/onlinesubmission/

It will auto fill some of the info for you. Be careful that you select the correct strike: MS vs PL vs PR vs DC and RD vs RB vs BN.

edit to add: there is a 50 line limit to the online form
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
    After looking around a little more, it is possible to look up the PCGS coin number for world coins. Try checking the pop reports for world coins, you can find the coin number associated with each coin, listed by country then type. Thought I'd post this for future reference.