Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A surprisingly good Craigslist transaction

While at work I replied to this listing Link

Even with the pinhole it is a nice card. He tells me he has more and I tell him I'd like to see them. We agreed on a price and I met him at a 7/11 on my way home from work.

The guy couldn't have been nicer. He shows me the dexter press cards and they were LAMINATED! Ugh, it looked like a bust but then he pulls out a stack of about 50-60 Yankees Jay Publishing photos. Like the Dexter Press cards, about half of them had pin holes, but there was a great selection. I bought them for $60 and drove home happy image

Here are the Mantles. Like I said, about half have pin holes, but there are a few diamonds in the rough.

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly why you have to always keep trying, very nice job. Make sure to take a look at his comics also, if they are Silver age 56 to 70 they could be worth a ton.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Any transaction on Craigslist that doesn't end in marriage is a good transaction! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice Mantles. Congrats.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Any transaction on Craigslist that doesn't end in marriage is a good transaction! image >>

Or murder...
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders