Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Perfect streak no more

I've been pretty lucky over the past several months shipping internationally but unfortunately it looks like two packages have been lost in transit. One was to New Zealand back on 10/27 and the other was a package to Canada shipped 11/3. Should I even tell the buyers to wait another 2 weeks or should I assume they are lost?

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I would wait another two weeks. Once I had an incoming package thought to be lost coming from Canada. I contacted the seller and on day 33 from the auction date, I received the replacement cards..........on day 34 I received the original package. Naturally, I shipped back the replacement cards.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Unfortunately the buyer from nz opened a dispute with ebay. Am I screwed anyway because I have a tracking number til it leaves the states but thats it
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will lose the dispute. If the buyer is honest, he will contact you if the package arrives and pay for it at that time. Buyers are almost forced to open a claim if package is late. With the Holidays approaching the delays will probably get worse.

I absolutely refuse to sell anything internationally unless buyer is willing to send me an international money order. FUNNY they have always turned me down.

Most people are honest, but until things change with ebay/paypal I will stick with the U.S.A.

Good luck. Hope these weren't high dollar items.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I have a package from china showing shipped,delivered last week and still no package,guess
    I gotta call usps.First time I have not recieved package,this seller has delivered twice in the past
    so no thoughts of foolishness.

What is the usual outcome when a package shows delivered from overseas but hasntmade it to my door?
    Also it wasnt sig. confirmation as it was only 75 bucks.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything over $100 I require international bidders to pay for USPS Registered international. It adds something like an extra $11.60 or so on to the regular postage but it is the only way to ship with delivery confirmation all the way through for international mail. Sort of an arbitrary over/under amount but it is a number I came up with based on how much starts to be more than I'd want to write off as a loss plus minimum value of an item for which the buyer is willing to pay that much to have shipped to them.
  • Options
    Well I did the only thing I can do and that was to add the only tracking info I had. The cards we're only $30 so its not terribly significant and I do agree that with packages over $100 sellers need to offer registered services and its funny that many buyers don't want to pay the extra $$$ for it.