Home PSA Set Registry Forum

20 Day submission...now 31 days !!!

I sent two submissions which were two separate specials on Sept. 21st one was a 20 day special and the other a 45 day special. I listed on the outside of the box that the contents were a 20 day special. It took over two weeks to have them logged in and then the 45 day special popped in 3 days !!! image However I am still waiting on the 20 day special now on it's 25th business day. image So I'm wondering how it is that PSA can say to me "if you want your cards to be returned quicker, pay us more for faster service" and you still can't get it done when I do !!!
Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    all of the specials come with the wording that turnaround times can vary with demand. i know it doesnt make sense when a 45 day sub pops faster than a 20 day sub.

i think what the rep was saying is that if you really need your cards done at a certain time you are better off paying the full rate.

what i dont understand is that if you are using a special and you dont need the cards back in set period what is the big deal. i know that if i want to make the registry deadline using a special i better get the cards in before the end of Jan or earlier. that is the price i am willing to pay for a discount.

however, when i have had cards i wanted done for sure by the deadline and i didnt have them earlier in the year i just pay full price.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Your not alone Joe. Alot of these guys have the same problem with PSA but won't open their mouths. If my cards don't post by tomorrow, I'm demanding they don't grade them and send them back. There is no point paying a premium amount for faster grading and then having to wait 50% longer than I'm supposed to !!! PSA is no longer a good business model.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.

<< <i>Your not alone Joe. Alot of these guys have the same problem with PSA but won't open their mouths. If my cards don't post by tomorrow, I'm demanding they don't grade them and send them back. There is no point paying a premium amount for faster grading and then having to wait 50% longer than I'm supposed to !!! PSA is no longer a good business model. >>

If you are using a monthly special how can you say you are paying a premium for faster service. None of their specials state you will get your cards in a set amount of time. They do say that with regular pricing.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Your not alone Joe. Alot of these guys have the same problem with PSA but won't open their mouths. If my cards don't post by tomorrow, I'm demanding they don't grade them and send them back. >>

Please let us know how that works out for you
  • JRADKE4...OK so I'm remodeling your kitchen and I tell you I'll have you back in your kitchen in about 20 days. Day 30 rolls around and I'm still not done but I tell you I only said "about" 20 days. Don't worry, I've got your money and I'll get to it...at some point.
  • Was told by customer service Friday 3:00pm est that cards were done and they would ship Monday and that I would receive a 40.00 voucher to compensate the additional time. As of Saturday night still no poppage.

<< <i>JRADKE4...OK so I'm remodeling your kitchen and I tell you I'll have you back in your kitchen in about 20 days. Day 30 rolls around and I'm still not done but I tell you I only said "about" 20 days. Don't worry, I've got your money and I'll get to it...at some point. >>

Well if you equate having your cards graded with a kitchen remodel I can see the issue.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    Jradke, I have to disagree with you as well. You pay for a service, your check is cashed, and then the company has until whenever they want to perform the contracted service? There aren't many businesses that work that way. Not successfully anyway. PSA is lucky they have a near monopoly. The fact that they will issue a $5 per day voucher for every day the submission is more than 5 days over the anticipated time of grading is pretty immaterial if you have spent big bucks to have your cards graded.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • It's the fact that if you represent a service at a certain cost and you can't fulfill that service, than that service has lost it's value. If I wanted to wait 30-40 days I could have paid less money for the 45 day special. If I paid for a 5 day special and it took 10 days or 45 day special and it takes 60 days it's the same thing. You're getting less for more.
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Jradke, I have to disagree with you as well. You pay for a service, your check is cashed, and then the company has until whenever they want to perform the contracted service? There aren't many businesses that work that way. Not successfully anyway. PSA is lucky they have a near monopoly. The fact that they will issue a $5 per day voucher for every day the submission is more than 5 days over the anticipated time of grading is pretty immaterial if you have spent big bucks to have your cards graded. >>

I have to disagree with you. Other postings show that November 45-day subs are popping. The original poster had quick turnaround on a
    45-day and nothing on a 20-day.

My 45-day is at 57 days and still collecting dust. A call last week got the usual "we're behind". The PSA rep had nothing to say when I said
    much more recent 45-day subs were getting grades.

Whatever selection system that PSA is using is badly flawed. It needs to be re-thought out.

Busy is fine. Ignoring some customers isn't.
    Kevin Thomas
  • I don't think there is a "system" anymore. I've been a grading member since 2002 but a customer much longer and I have never had this kind of trouble. I can't imagine being a customer service rep. for them. I always apologize to them first before I start chewing.
  • I'm on day 51 of sending in 146 cards on the October monthly special. They were logged in on October 5th so you would think that is early enough in the month to not get held up with all the monthly special orders they likely get swamped with. I'm on day six of empty promises and unanswered emails. I've read of others getting vouchers for having to wait for extended periods of time but I've been offered nothing. When I originally questioned this on day 45 I just wanted an honest answer. I understand things happen and I can deal with that. I cannot deal with lies and terrible customer service.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been stated before but if you need cards back in a set period of time, you should be using the service levels that are guaranteed not approximate like the specials.
    that's why they are specials. If you want the discount, be prepared to wait for your results.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I cannot deal with lies and terrible customer service.

So I'm assuming that this will be your last submission to PSA, correct?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Sure because using that same logic the first disagreement I had with my wife I divorced her and never talked to her again.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Grote15,
    I'm trying to find all of these service levels with guaranteed turnaround times. None of the services are guaranteed. It's at the top of their pricing chart that all times are estimated. Not trying to call you out; but you've stated for people to purchase upper service levels.

Mickey71

GRADING & AUTHENTICATING SERVICES
    Effective January 1, 2012 The Foundation of All Great Collections
    (800) 325-1121 • (949) 567-1311 (fax)
    psacard.com

CARDS
    CROSSOVERS AND REVIEWS ARE AVAILABLE UNDER ALL SERVICE LEVELS.
    Service Type: Price:
    (per card) Turnaround Time
    ESTIMATED
    PREMIUM $300 SAME DAY
    (Autographed Cards: 5 business days)
    Any card with a declared value of $10,000 or more must be submitted at this service level. This includes autographed cards. Premium is PSA’s super priority service for those cards you need to have graded and returned right away. Cards may be submitted to Premium service by mail or at PSA headquarters. Drop off service is by appointment only and cards must be received by 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Please call customer service at (800) 325-1121 to schedule Premium Service drop off.
    WALK-THROUGH $125 SAME DAY
    Any card with a declared value of $5,000 - $9,999 must be submitted at this service level or higher. This includes autographed cards. Walk-Through Service is PSA’s super priority service for those cards you need to have graded and returned right away. Cards may be submitted to Walk-Through service by mail or at PSA headquarters. Drop off service is by appointment only and cards must be received by 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Please call customer service at (800) 325-1121 to schedule Walk-Through service drop off.
    SUPER EXPRESS $65 2 BUSINESS DAYS
    Any card with a declared value of $2,000 - $4,999 and all T3s must be submitted at this service level or higher. This includes autographed cards.
    EXPRESS $35 5 BUSINESS DAYS
    (Autographed Cards: 10 business days)
    Any card with a declared value of $500-$1,999 must be submitted at this service level or higher. This includes autographed cards.
    REGULAR $15 10 BUSINESS DAYS
    Any card with a declared value under $500 and all supersized cards must be submitted at this service level or higher. Excludes autographed cards.
    CUSTOM ENCAPSULATION
    (Green Label) $5 Varies with Demand
    Used for encapsulating custom made trading cards, such as youth league sports cards or personal photos. Oversized holder (over 2-11/16" x 3-13/16") $10.
    REHOLDER (Re-encapsulation of PSA-graded card.) Varies with Demand
    Standard size/tallboy $5
    Supersized holder $10
    PEDIGREE SERVICE Available – Call Customer Service for pre-approval.
    AUTOGRAPHED CARD GRADING & AUTHENTICATION $25* 20 BUSINESS DAYS
    Any autographed card with a declared value under $500. Autographed cards with a declared value over $500 must be submitted under higher service levels. Declared value rules apply. With Grade or No Grade: Customer has the option to select with grade or no grade (no grade is assigned but card is authenticated and encapsulated).

• I'm with Danny on this one too, not calling out Grote but I've never seen any service level that will guarantee turnaround times. And I know from talking to Danny we've both subbed cards at the 10 day level and waiting twice as long or longer. Just sayin...
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    WRONG SPOT
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    My understanding unless things have changed is that if you use a regular service level for submitting cards you are given vouchers if the cards are not graded on time. Perhaps that is no longer the case.

In any case, these threads complaining about turnaround times are a waste of energy imo--we all know that PSA is behind and has been so for a long time on certain subs. That said, for every one that takes 50 days there's one that takes 10. Nothing said on these boards is going to change that.

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    PSA should not put a turnaround time on orders any longer. They don't follow them anyway and it just pisses people off when they don't get them done on time. I think PSA should tell people that your order could take up to 3 months and the price is $5. If you want the order done this month $7. They will never change how they operate their business and why should they? They simply don't care about customer service or public perception IMO.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases