Home Precious Metals

what just happened to make the prices fall off the cliff?

$2.33 down

Comments

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I just saw that too, my kitco app (igoogle) charts were showing gold -$40, silver -$2.30, plat -$75. Seems to have just been a glitch though?

Probably some "high frequency trading" shenanigans..
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I don't know, but somebody either got filled at a great price OR they just got their head handed to them by doing a fat finger trade right at the end of the trading day.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chart glitches. Gold and silver are also now in that no man's land period (5:15 - 6 PM EST) before trading in Sydney opens. It's a dead spot.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backup spots site:

linky
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that the same blip shows up on the dollar index chart, on Jim Sinclair's web site. Both are feeds from Kitco, so maybe it was internal in Kitco's system.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had someone offer to buy my metal at spot+10% right around that time, that was probably it.