Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

eBay - Very rare British copper (going cheap) and Canadian Large Cent, Roman Republic silver

The word rafree is thrown around a lot in numismatics. A 1909-S VDB penny with a mintage of 300,000+ is considered rare by some. I currently have a British 1958 VIP Proof 1/2d on consignment to airplanenut (Jeremy). The true mintage of this coin isn't known but only one has been certified by PCGS, the one on eBay, and seven by NGC. Finding another one for sale anywhere is next to impossible, these coins are just that scarce with most likely less than 50 minted. Don't miss out on your chance to obtain this true rarity.

British 1958 VIP Proof 1/2d

In the same auction I have an 1888 Canadian Large Cent certified by ANACS as MS63RB which has a repunched date and is the Far 8 variety. Please take a look:

Canada 1888 Large Cent MS63RB

M. LUCILIUS RUFUS AR DENARIUS
Roman Republic

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last 1958 VIP proof 1/2d at auction sold was an uncertified coin in the Stack's Baltimore Nov 2011 auction, lot #23358, and the coin sold for $796.50 w/bp.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Closes Sunday night. Currently bid at 1/2 of the price the last one sold.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Also a M. LUCILIUS RUFUS AR DENARIUS Roman Republic.

Roman Republic

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Ajaan,

All three coins were super sharp, I especially like the Denarius the best. What I did not like was seeing all of these auctions well after they had ended. image
  • Options
    I also wish you would have seen the auctions earlier.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I was rather surprised at the results. I got your 1/2d at far below my actual bid.
  • Options
    I'm glad someone here won it. I was really surprised at the low price also. You got a great coin at a great deal Boz.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The word rafree is thrown around a lot in numismatics. >>

Actually, this is the very first time I've heard anybody use the word "rafree" in any context. image

Sorry I too missed the boat, or I'd have thrown you some bids at that denarius.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.