Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Topps Mantle and Mathews listing

Came across this on craigslist. A couple of high number commons, and the 2 most expensive cards in the set. What do ya think?

LINK
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Options
    All I see are red flags, but no harm in checking them out in a very public place
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Cards look real, but agree - CL is a red flag. Can't hurt to check them out though.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent him an email asking for better scans just for the heck of it, and he sent me these.
    What I Collect:

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I would take the money you would spend on these and invest it in creating your own card prices website.

...Interesting listing, no offense but if these are legit you might have just lost it to someone else on this site. I would call the guy and see what he wants. By his title he may say $50, who knows.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any opinions on whether or not they are originals?
    What I Collect:

• Options
    I think I have the most iconic post war card in the hobby but I'm not sure. I have the capacity to take a picture and scan of these and post them online but I fail to utilize google or eBay to search for what these may be worth.....
  • Options
    Seller obviously is a grade sensitive collector and doesn't want to muddy his collection with an off center, possibly mis-cut mantle rookie.