Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question On 1962 Jello

Noticed that SMR online doesn't list this set.Have seen some Graded Authentic but no grades.Is this because they are hand cut.

Would PSA Grade one if asked if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance
Working on a 1957 Set.PSA 5 and up

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the population report, seventeen cards have graded PSA 2 or higher. Highest graded is a Tito Francona at an 8 next is a Kaline at 7.

I have been looking for a Killebrew for 20 years and have a real nice "authentic". One of the toughest issues out there. Probably because they came one on a box and took up most of the space on the back of the box, so when cut out, borders were cut off.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Some of the cards were printed without the normal black border lines on all four sides so it won't be possible to get grades on cut out cards unless PSA will consider grading some cards by size. 1962's are very hard to find in comparison to the 1963's and almost always in very rough shape. Most 1962 collectors will take anything they can find. It's pointless adding the set to the SMR when so few have been graded, and the number receiving numerical grades will increase at a glacial rate.
  • Options
    Thanks for the scan, never saw a complete box before.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Thank you both for the info.Understand what you are saying about the cuts.

That box is great.Also the first time I have seen the complete box.
    Working on a 1957 Set.PSA 5 and up
  • Options
    I would assume that if the Robinson card was cut with a little of the yellow showing along the left border PSA would accept that as a border, can't comment on the right border, but at some point card would have to measure large enough to qualify for a number grade.

How about a picture of the other side of the box? Please?

Joe