Home Sports Talk
Options

UCLA-Stanford

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone see this game?

My comments have nothing to do with the game other than the UCLA uniform. I have not seen UCLA on TV this year at all- I was at a major appliance store during the first quarter- I easily recognized Stanford and it took a moment to figure out tjhey were playing UCLA because I did not see the traditional UCLA gold helmets or jerseys- and this look was just too different and really just did not work. I never recall seeing a UCLA football team with this look- did not look to be retro.

After seeing the ND two-tone helmets instead of their traditional gold, the Illinois helmets which was not their traditional orange were equally repulsive and then UCLA with their change leads me to believe that there is just no tradition left in the game.

While retro uniforms are cool, I do recall seeing Ohio State in a retro look that had a scarlet helmet afew years back that honored a National Championship team from the 1940s.

Now when the Michigan helmets change, all bets are off and no doubt will remain that the tradition in College Football is dead.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.