Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1928 China Auto dollar...got picture...finally

Finally figured out picture posting. Added some pictures of obverse & reverse. of the 1928 China Auto Dollar Kweichow L&M-609 NGC certified VF25. Now got to figure out what to do with it!!! Thanks image

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check Heritage Auction records for starters- even in 25, it will bring good money.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I see a F-15 example in NGC slab went for $3450 this year at Heritage. Who slabbed your VF-25 example?
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats - you hit the jackpot! I would love to see a pic when you get around to it.
  • I always liked this coin - it is a widely known rarity. I have referances back to the late 1940s that meantion the rarity of this coin, as well as a few other chinese coins - that list buy prices on them aswell.
  • having so much fun uploading pics. finally got this one done.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks really choice.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Other than the hit at one o'clock on the legend, there are virtually no rim nicks, the toning is pleasant, and there's just honest wear. If you intend to sell it at auction, it looks very strictly graded, and will probably realize a VF30+ price.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't own any Chinese coins and don't really have any intentions of acquiring any of them... but if I were to get one of them, this would be it!!! Very cool coin, congrats!!!!

• Maybe ebay. HA seems to really hit you w/ fees.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe ebay. HA seems to really hit you w/ fees. >>

There seems to be a huge market for Chinese slabs on the Bay. It will definitely sell there. However, in addition to eBay fees you'll have PayPal fees (unless you have a merchant account or other collection method). You may also need to ship internationally.

Food for thought.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• At a typical well-advertised Heritage auction you know there will be deep pocket buyers competing for a coin like that, while Ebay is much more hit and miss about the potential buyers likely to spot it.

If it were mine it wouldn't be for sale, but it would definitely be on the list my non-numismatically inclined kids will get of coins that should go to Heritage for disposition.
    Roy