Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Why Ebay sellers drink....even on Holidays

I do quite a bit of sales of Ebay and one of the many items I had listed was a Panama Specimen set. I had this listed BIN or Best Offer, buyer made an offer I accepted. Now he messages me this:

"before I make any payment I want to make sure this coin set has any silver coin & if there is any silver coin them how many coin are silver & approxi. ASW Silver weight,Thanks, pl. give me reply"

Im quite mad, and dont swear out loud often, but this buyer drove me to swear infront of my wife.....Now how does one reply to this and not get a warning from ebay.

Comments

• Options
    Don't know how much info was in your listing but I would tell him to read it again and then do his own research. Why is he bidding on something when he doesn't know what it is? Short version, tell him to get bent.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, just messaged him back stating no silver content and if he wanted me to cancel the transaction. Not worth the hassel or aggrivation...much better after a few drinks.
  • Options
    It happens....and su%ks
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the hugely negative aspect is this:
    if the transaction is completed. I.e. the auction is closed and has a buyer, the buyer can still give negative feedback! and that for NO reason at all.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    if the transaction is completed. I.e. the auction is closed and has a buyer, the buyer can still give negative feedback! and that for NO reason at all.

True, unfortunately but I thought you couldn't leave feedback after a listing is canceled?
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>if the transaction is completed. I.e. the auction is closed and has a buyer, the buyer can still give negative feedback! and that for NO reason at all.

True, unfortunately but I thought you couldn't leave feedback after a listing is canceled? >>

You may not leave feedback if the transaction has not been consummated. -Dan
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yes.... the feedback channel is open....as far as I know.
    happened to me about 3 years ago...
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, Ebay is very quick to remove feedback left by a buyer who does not pay. If you've already opened an unpaid item dispute, they explicitly state that until it is resolved, the buyer may not leave feedback for the seller.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    My understanding is that if the transaction has not been paid for then the sale does not count. -Dan
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    In keeping with the "why coin dealers drink" tradition.. got this GEM today.

In response to my 1937 $100 Canada banknote ad (too many sic tags to add so I just left it!), both from the same person...

"that is a fake and do you even have the paper work for it ill do a trade if that is all right with you ill give you an i pod toutch 5 generation (it is red by the way )and i can ger u a case if you really want i only used it about 2 times and there is 0 games"
    "and you were rong it is 1 daller it even sais CENT"

Image of type:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections