Home Sports Talk
Options

Replacement Refs...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently are back on duty. Geez..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    How did they call that a TD!

Friggin elbow AND knee were down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Schwartz blew it by throwing the flag. Officials aren't supposed to blow the whistle unless they're sure the player is down, because the plays ends and it can't be overturned. Yes, they missed the call, but it would have been overturned.

They should probably change that rule. Why such a severe penalty for accidentally throwing the challenge flag?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they wouldn't review the play because the challenge flag was thrown is ridiculous and that rule should absolutely be changed as it makes absolutely no sense. If you want to assess a penalty for doing so, fine, but to say we're not going to make the correct call on the field on a TD no less because you tried to challenge the play, is absurd.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    But here's why it's REALLY messed up: What if the Texan's coach had thrown the flag? If he knew his player was down, he could've thrown the flag knowing they couldn't review it. And his team gets the bogus touchdown. He just gets hit with the 15 yd. penalty.

What a joke
  • Options
    Peter King said last night that the rule is very likely to be changed.

<< <i>But here's why it's REALLY messed up: What if the Texan's coach had thrown the flag? If he knew his player was down, he could've thrown the flag knowing they couldn't review it. And his team gets the bogus touchdown. He just gets hit with the 15 yd. penalty.
    >>

I'm not sure if it's true, but I read on another message board that that wouldn't be allowed.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Lion's fan we tend to reach deep into the rule book to aid to our misery.

As a football fan all you can ask for is to get the call right. That is what replay is for. To have an obvious blown call not overturned because of technicality seems insane. It is insane the more I think about it. Take away a time out. Penalize them (which they also did on the kickoff. Insult to injury), fine them but get the call right. Forgot about possibly costing the Lions a game what about the AFC teams that are chasing the Texan's. It effects them even more. Screw the NFL, but I will be back for more on Sunday.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But here's why it's REALLY messed up: What if the Texan's coach had thrown the flag? If he knew his player was down, he could've thrown the flag knowing they couldn't review it. And his team gets the bogus touchdown. He just gets hit with the 15 yd. penalty.

What a joke >>

The review would still occur in that case. The rules explicitly cover that scenario.

Tabe
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Lion's fan we tend to reach deep into the rule book to aid to our misery.

As a football fan all you can ask for is to get the call right. That is what replay is for. To have an obvious blown call not overturned because of technicality seems insane. It is insane the more I think about it. Take away a time out. Penalize them (which they also did on the kickoff. Insult to injury), fine them but get the call right. Forgot about possibly costing the Lions a game what about the AFC teams that are chasing the Texan's. It effects them even more. Screw the NFL, but I will be back for more on Sunday.

MJ >>

Better yet, hire a coach that can keep his cool when he needs too. Not a hot head who can control himself. He even knew he screwed up and was telling everyone that it was on him.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Bad Call!!!! Thats all there is to it.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bengals/Raiders game has lost all control, 4 fouls on one play after the refs blow turnover by inadvertent whistle?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook