Home Sports Talk
Options

Happy birthday to George Kenneth Griffey Jr!

Happy birthday to "the kid"!

When Griffey made his debut, it was tough for a kid my age (8 years old) to hold interest in a baseball team that was terrible. His swing, his speed in CF, and his smile changed the Puget Sound and without a doubt he was THE biggest reason the Mariners never left Seattle. And, sorry I had to sell my 2,000 plus cards from my Master Set a few years ago image

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, 43 years old. Where have the years gone?

Junior made the game so much fun. Sadly, playing all those years in the Kingdome really shortened his career. But what a freak....especially all those insane catches against the outfield wall...incredible. The man knew no fear.

I saw Junior and Senior hit the back to back HRs in Anaheim, while on vacation. Still gives me chills.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junior

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    The only player that made watching his HR look classy. To this day, if I see anyone else do it, all I can think is "What a punk!"