Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Searching For Your "REGISTRY COINS"

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
With Prices Rising Rapidly are You Going to Stick with the Traditional Ways of Finding Your Coins ? By this I mean Coming to this Forumn for Your Coins and Buying them? Or the other Method of Going to the National Dealers Web Sites and Picking Off Coins they have in Stock ?
    I am inclined to Spend a Little More time Searching the Smaller Web Sites where a Dealer Might have My special Coin for a Reasonable Price because of his low Business Overhead. It will take some of My time but what the Heck its better than watching Television Every Night. Geez it is Also Fun when the Un-Expected Pops up on the Smaller Web Sites.image
      Shucks Forgot One Other Traditional way to Find Coins. eBay Qualifies Also. Prices are Rising there Also.
        Ken

Comments

• Ken,

90% of my purchases now come from smaller dealers who have websites. I am looking for AU-58 to MS-62 classic type coins, but most of the majors have coins in the 64, 65 grade ranges, which for these pieces, are too much for my budget. I find that the best place to find these coins are smaller dealers with a minor web presence instead of the biggies or E-Bay.

Keith
          Keith ™

• merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
          Ken
          I have found the last coin I need to complete my Registry Set.I just don't have the funds to get it.I've promised myself,I won't buy anything until I get that coin.After that I don't know what I'll do.With the prices being realized for the coins I'd need to upgrade,It might take me a long time.I do search all the auctions includeing Ebay.I have bought some raw Lincoln Proofs,in the hopes of snagging a upgrade or makeing a little money towards the last coin.
          Don
          Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
        • MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
          Anyone have a good list of smaller dealers with websites? When I do searches, I get a lot of bad hits, sites that aren't worth the wasted time.
          Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
        • If you are looking for modern or bullion type coins you should go to TULVING.COM for the best prices anyplace that I have found . If you don't think so look at what is in my sets today and look again about MAY 6 when I get the coins that I have ordered from him . I'm getting a full set of PROOF ASE for $300.00 less than any other place that I could find them . As I am trying to build 2 full sets of 1oz. coins to help put my grandchildren into college with as they are age 3 & 6 now they should be able to get a good start with a full set a piece .

MAC
          IHNAV8660 1oz. AMERICAN EAGLE COLLECTIONS
        • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
          I use everything!

E-bay
          Auctions Houses
          Big Dealers
          Small Dealers
          Coin Shows
          3 Dealer's that do mail only price list sales. (Yes this is still common for old copper)
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!