Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Any International/Foreign numismatic publications?

Title pretty much says it all. I'd like to see the different way numismatics are handle throughout the world, mainly Asia and Europe and though physical publications would be a good place to start!

Comments

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably find that, outside of North America, coin magazines are pretty thin on the ground - typically, there's only one or two per country/region/language group.

Here in Australia, for example, there's only one: the "Australasian Coin and Banknote" magazine. You'll note it's "Australasia", rather than just "Australia"; I don't think Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Fiji or any of the other Pacific Islands have any coin magazines of their own. There used to be another coin mag here, "Australian Coin Review"; it dated back to 1964 but went bust in 2001 and was assimilated by it's newer rival.
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Japan has a magazine for almost everything, but I've never seen a coin magazine.
  • Options

<< <i>You'll probably find that, outside of North America, coin magazines are pretty thin on the ground - typically, there's only one or two per country/region/language group.
    >>

Definitely, in Portugal we have the "Moeda" magazine: Revista Moeda and in Brazil the SNB (Brazilian Numismatic Society) newsletters, which are available online: SNB

Jose
  • Options
    The Royal Canadian Numismatic Association publishes a Journal 10 times a year.

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Money Trend out of Vaduz, Liechtenstein still around?
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭
    For Canada try Canadian Coin News: CCN
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    In the UK we have a monthly magazine (which I subscribe to) called Coin New:

http://www.tokenpublishing.com/

I think its also available in digital on-line format.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money Trend is published out of Vienna -Austria once a month and is probably the best European coin publication. It covers German Austrian and Swiss issues with detailed Retail prices in every issue and for every Circulation coin issued since 1850 in each country.
    There are also articles about other countries in every issue. Not cheap to buy, but well worth it.
    There is a similar publication in Germany called "Muenz-Revue". It has similar content.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life