Home Precious Metals

Mr. Rebates back at Ebay!

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
Currently paying 1% cashback for ebay purchases, including gold and silver.

PM me for a copy of the "how to" instructions.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a Brittney Spears thread when I saw the title.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought this was going to be a Brittney Spears thread when I saw the title. >>

lmao, thats what i thought as well
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hungover, fixed it.

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks derryb.

So when bidding on stuff on ebay, do you need to be logged in through Mr Rebates? Or just when paying through paypal? Couldn't find the answer on their site.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

<< <i>Cool, thanks derryb.

So when bidding on stuff on ebay, do you need to be logged in through Mr Rebates? Or just when paying through paypal? Couldn't find the answer on their site. >>

PM me for instructions

• If you bid an item (using MrRebate), won it a few days later, and then pay in a couple days with paypal, will the mrrebate still works?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I did those steps. My question is, do I need go through the MrRebates login when bidding? or just when it is time to pay?

I ask because I use ebay.ca for all my searching/bidding currently, but MrRebates (even the canada.mrrebates site) goes to ebay.com.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
    From their FAQs:

"Do I have to do anything special when checking out of an online store from Mr. Rebates?
    Not at all. As long as you have clicked on a link to an online partner store through the Mr. Rebates web site and you are a logged-in member then you don't need to do anything special when you are checking out of a store and purchasing your items. You also don't need to email us confirmation of your purchase as we will receive confirmation from the merchant you shopped with. "

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm hungover, fixed it.

How about that? derryb is human after all. Try some sliders and wash them down with a gatorade. That'll flush you right out and you'll be feeling better in no time. image

and oh, thanks for the mr rebate info. too.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    Just got a reply from Mr. Rebates:

For won ebay auctions:
    "Just the bid has to be placed through Mr. Rebates, you do not have to log into and click through to pay for your item."

For other merchants that involve a shopping cart.
    "You need to log in, click through to merchant site with empty shopping cart, add items to your cart, and check out all during the same click through session."

Be sure to review the ebay restrictions at Mr. Rebates (i.e. no snipe bids)

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    derryb, thanks for the heads up. I miss the good old days of 2-3% rebates. Mr. Rebates and some ebay bucks will sweeten some gold coin purchases I am anticipating.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious: they're giving away money? what's in it for them? (Mr. Rebates)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

<< <i>I'm curious: they're giving away money? what's in it for them? (Mr. Rebates) >>

I suspect the merchants pay them a fee for referring customers from their list of over 2,000 stores.

• hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    FYI, if you want to use a sniping service, first place a small bid on eBay after logging through Mr Rebates, then when the snipe wins it for you, you will earn your commission on full snipe amount.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Ive used Mr Rebates for years. But unless I'm mistaken, they are only paying out 1%.
    currently 1%. In previous years they have increased percentage as we approach Christmas.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does this thread have to do with precious metals?

Rule 6) This forum is about Precious Metals. If your post is not directly related to Precious Metals then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

<< <i>What does this thread have to do with precious metals? >>

They are currently 1% cheaper on ebay. If prior years are any indication they could get up to 5% cheaper by Christmas.

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What does this thread have to do with precious metals? >>

It is all about saving money on PM purchases. So far the rebate programs like Mr. Rebates have saved me nearly $5,000.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, but the original post mentions nothing of precious metals.

I don't want to see the forum taken away because of failing to stay on topic.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, but the original post mentions nothing of precious metals.

I don't want to see the forum taken away because of failing to stay on topic. >>

It will taken away far quicker because of douche bag Gomers yelling "citizens arrest" at every thread they decide to take their time a violate.

Volume buyers like me and other A Team big timers look back fondly on the days of freebie kickbacks that add to our impressive stacks.

Loves me some shiny!