Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's the longest duration you've waited for an order to pop?

miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
Out of curiosity, what's the longest duration you've waited for an order to finish being graded by PSA? I sent in an order in conjunction with the August specials, shipped on 8/31 and received on 9/3. It was relatively small, only 25 items, in the 1955 & earlier special (most items were from the 1930's). Today is 11/16 and that makes it my longest wait for an order by them by about 2 days and counting so far, and they're still not done yet. Conversely I've had some orders that were supposed to be 45 day TAT that were graded within a week or so.

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    47 days image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    here are some highlights or lowlights from the present back to 2007.

logged in 4/1 shipped 6/13
    logged in 8/12 shipped 10/15
    logged in 11/5 shipped 1/5
    logged in 4/17 shipped 6/10
    logged in 3/23 shipped 6/2
    logged in 3/20 shipped 5/21
    logged in 2/11 shipped 4/21
    logged in 2/10 shipped 4/21
    logged in 2/14 shipped 5/14
    logged in 1/8 shipped 3/1

so in some cases they have had them for almost 3 months. none were ever on a hold longer than a day if that. then add on that out of most of those I had mechanical errors that had to be shipped back and the time line gets even longer before one can either add them to a set or sell the item.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    53 days just got it 2 weeks ago.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    I should clarify the original post that it is 11/16 and I'm still waiting (i.e., did not get results yet as of today)

As for the replies so far, wow, that 2/14 to 5/14 wait time sure seems like a rough one...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    4/25/2012 to 8/3/2012

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Nothing on day 49. None longer.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Right there with you, had one entered on 9/10 still no grades. Seems like the older cards are taking 2-3 times as long. Sent 3 orders at same time, the new cards 1990 or newer took two weeks, a tallboy order took 6 weeks and here I set waiting on the 1958 -1975 cards.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    21 packs logged in on 8-31

another 25 logged in 9-17

still waiting on all...acknowledged that packs take longer
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Day 53 now for a 45-day (approx) sub..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    been lucky so far.I think only one time it took longer than indicated.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    I guess you can never tell how long orders might take for grading. As of yesterday, I had 6 orders pending w/ PSA, all sent in on different days, and of varying quantity in each. The largest one had 70 items and that was logged in on 11/16 w/ 45-day TAT; it was shipped complete on 11/28. Meanwhile, the rest, especially including the one at the first post on this thread that was submitted in August though not logged until September, is still being processed. The funny thing is, with a 45-day order that is at approx. 80 days and still counting, plus a 45-day order that popped after 12 days, the average is pretty much right on 45 days image
  • Options
    56 days and nothing for me.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Seems like I had a batch of coins take a little over 3 months a few years ago. Had a batch this year, 4/13 to 6/21. It seems like it took them a week from receiving it to log it also. Of course that was when they had that $4.50 madness going on.
  • Options
    My order that shipped on 8/31, delivered on 9/3, logged in on 9/10, finally was marked complete on 11/30. Whew, glad that one is done.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    What year are these subs from.........and is it A.D. or B.C.image
  • Options

<< <i>What year are these subs from.........and is it A.D. or B.C.image >>

37 from 1890 and 1 from 1910. All are non-sports, and are from sets that get graded.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    The delays must be an early era thing lately. Mine was 5 from the 1910's, 8 from the 1920's, and 12 from the 1930's.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Not an era thing. 1970's non sports submissions popped recently after 54 days and multiple calls.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Poppage occurred at 60 days,. Unfortunately, it looks like my complaining just got me bad grades.

I bought a bunch of non-sport cards from 1890 from a dealer on the web. I submitted one group a while back with my membership renewal. 13 of 15 were PSA 6+,
    including 4 that were PSA 7.

I sent the rest which checked in September 10th. All but one looked just as nice as the first group. The results for 36 cards were 29 under PSA 6 with 7 that were PSA 6. 6 were also under PSA 5, though only one was expected.

I had one variation card, a tobacco card from a different tobacco company than the rest. It is the first of this company to be graded by PSA. I put a big note on the submission form. I also put a note on the card holder itself. Of course, PSA didn't id it properly. I called customer service, and was told that the order had already
    shipped. Huh? It took 60 days to grade, but was packaged almost immediately?

Sorry for all the complaining, but I feel screwed. I've always gotten good grades for this 1890 set.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Well, my 9/10 login to 11/30 ship was my longest wait so far. My next longest might have a chance at beating that though; one of my pending orders was shipped to PSA on 9/5, officially checked in on 9/19 and still no grades yet.... (same thing as the other order where the content is 1900 to 1930's)
  • Options
    9/19 log-in shipped 12/10
  • Options
    I have a (66) card order received (whatever!) 9-18 (Actual should have been 9-12..........revised! shows received 9-14-12!

currently nothing as of today.

PS--All the same YEAR/Type/Set

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    I sent in 146 cards for the monthly special a few months ago. They were logged in on October 5th. The special clearly states approximate time is 45 business days so I went into it attempting to be patient. We are now at 47 business days and still nothing. Here is my biggest problem with this. My credit card was charged the full amount on October 5th. I'm out over 800 dollars while I wait two plus months for them to perform a service they had no trouble billing me for immediately. They have told me they are considering changing this policy. I was told on day 41 to please give it a few more days. On day 45 I was told that it was day 45/45. Today, day 47 I was told that most orders are taking more than 50 days. There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. How does this company not work on weekends? Who bills customers for a service that they cannot provide for more than two months? Why do they allow orders to come in and get processed while mine waits? The answer to that is of course that other people are paying more for the same service. Am I wrong to be super upset about this?
  • Options
    As an old marine, we say if you can't go over the mountain, then regroup and together let's go through it.

We as customers can easily help PSA out of the backlog hole they have dug for theirselves. As time has clearly shown they can't stop digging on their own.

If we will refrain from submitting cards, tickets, etc. for all of January and February, this will surely allow PSA an adequate number of work days to address their obviously overwhelming workload.

Granted, most business models would already have gladly sucked up the extra workload by working more hours, and or employing an adequate number of personnel to handle their good fortune. This hasn't happened for whatever reason; so let's unite through pulling together and teamwork and not submit until March. If you can't for whatever reason, then quit complaining and eat what is being put on your plate.

No submissioins until March should really help PSA and us, the customer.

Happy Holidays and Semper Fi------------
  • Options
    zurbs17...........

Boy I even hate to say this, but in their defense.....there is NO guarantee
    with the specials, however, to let something go this far is a little ridiculous
    since the regular price which IS guaranteed is 45 days and thats only
    another 50c a card (of course, in January 2013, that price is $7 per card).

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options