Home Sports Talk
Options

Marlins unload high priced players for Blue Jays prospects but does anyone care?

Am I the only one who does not have a problem with the trade?

I get that Loria is a chump. However that team stunk last year and going younger and cheaper may work.

Thoughts?

Robert

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I care (being a Jays fan).

They acquired Melky today.

One thing I worry about is they still need a closer.

First week of every season they always lose one or two games in the ninth when having a 1 run lead.

I know then they have no chance for the post-season.

First place teams may lose 1 or 2 games in the ninth for the entire year!!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i care being an orioles fan

i hope the players bring the bluejays all the success they brought the marlins
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>Am I the only one who does not have a problem with the trade?

I get that Loria is a chump. However that team stunk last year and going younger and cheaper may work.

Thoughts?

Robert >>

I would care if I were a FL taxpayer. Loria a chump? Nah, the taxpayers are chumps. Loria and his cronies raped, hoodwinked, and swindled south Florida for all that money to build a stadium that will be lucky to attract 1.1 million fans next year.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Loria and his cronies raped, hoodwinked, and swindled south Florida for all that money to build a stadium that will be lucky to attract 1.1 million fans next year. >>

AND, he'll continue to rake in the "revenue sharing" money from MLB.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I was getting at this: As a baseball trade, with the reality of the pathetic way the Marlins are run removed, I have no issues with it. Trying to get cheaper players who perform well instead of paying huge amounts to players that don't perform or underperform makes sense.

I realize it truly is difficult to take out the fact that the people of Miami and the Florida taxpayers got hosed. Maybe it will work out in the long run.

Robert
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a similar situation here in Minnesota. Many fans feel that the Twins should be spending more now that they have their new ballpark.

I wish they would go after some pitching, but it's their team. I am glad we have baseball here and I have some great memories. Hope it's not too long before they are once again competitive.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set