Home Sports Talk
Options

Offseason

markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
Baseball Prospectus has a nice (and free) article on how to spend the offseason at:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=18877

An excerpt is below.

​1. Shopping for My Daughter's First Baseball Glove

My 3-year-old daughter's favorite sport is baseball, mostly because she knows that daddy's favorite sport is baseball. But forgive me if I push the subject just a little bit. On Christmas morning, she'll find a brand new glove under the tree. The glove has to be perfect (because it's for my daughter), so I know I'm going to obsess over it, but she'll get one. And I'll dig out my old glove from junior high (with a genuine facsimile of Juan Guzman's signature) and I'll teach her to play catch. Or at least how to make an arm motion in a forward direction and let go of the ball roughly around the same time. But, she'll chatter about something or other while she does it, and I'll listen, and she'll ask a million silly questions and I'll answer all of them with, "Because he won the Triple Crown, sweetie." And it'll be the best time ever for both of us. Yeah, this winter, I'll get my baseball fix in my backyard on a warm Georgia winter day teaching my daughter about how awesome it is to just play catch.