Home Autographs Forum

North Carolina State Flag which flew on the historic Gemini IV Spacewalk Mission

PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
This 4" X 6" North Carolina state flag was aboard the Gemini IV spacecraft during the entire mission. This was a very historic mission as if featured the first spacewalk by a United States astronaut. Ed White performed a 23-minute spacewalk and later stated that returning to the inside of the spacecraft was the saddest moment of his life. Astronaut White was one of the three crew members who perished in the Apollo 1 fire.

Comments

• Wow! Hey Pete!

You get the neatest space stuff. You'd think White's name would be more revered. image
    Do you have an example of White's autograph?

Best wishes,
    Eric

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Eric,

I don't have any Ed White signed items. But I do agree that he should be more revered. He and Chaffee didn't fly any missions prior to Apollo 1 and therefore really never got into the public psyche, I guess. He has a great siganture and I do hope to have something sometime.
  • Hi Pete,

Remember those Honeymooners contact sheets? I have some of Betty Shabazz with a very young Tony Brown right after Malcolm's death, Ted Kennedy with Dr. King's wife right after the MLK assassination and so on. Might you know an interested party? All unpublished. Also, Ted Jones with who appears to be Jack Kerouac in the village.

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Say Pete,

Don't you collect Kennedy stuffs? If interested drop me a line.

Eric