Home U.S. Coin Forum

1906 Barber Dime RPD Not Listed in my Cherry Pickers

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
Found this piece unattibuted and figured Id look it up when I got home. Not sure if this is listed in the new book or not but I like it 06/06

Comments

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C/P's guide edition 4 lists an FS-10-1906-301. Description reads, "The last two digits of the date are repunched, with the secondary digits evident west of the primary
    digits. The secondary 0 in this photo does not show well. " Not sure about yours, as it appears to be North as opposed to west. Nice pickup however. I would have bought it
    too. Mel
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4Th edition is what Im using, mine appears to be north like you said.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That appears to be a RPD, but not the one in the CPG. Is it in the Barber dime book by David Lawrence or have you checked?
    I actually dont have that book anymore. Traded it off, but was looking to buy another. Was also looking at this book possibly, THE AUTHORITATIVE REFERENCE ON BARBER DIMES by Kevin Flynn.
    Must be glare or is there doubling in the tail of the 9? Looking in the Lawrence book there is a 1906/6 with doubling north on 6, but the date position is not right.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it ought to go to someone at coneca

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Im actually kind of excited about this find, not often I find something thats not listed in a dozen plus publications or listed in multiples of on Ebay.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be Lawrence No. 103 but the image here is too fuzzy to tell for sure.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Not sure if its appropiate to post pics out of a book, but if it seems deems ok id like to see what that variety looks like so I can compare.
    It's not the one in the Lawrence book. The date position is wrong.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After further comparison,I agree with DIMEMAN.It's not L-103.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Ok, now my questions is who at Coneca should I send this to, any attributer in particular.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file