Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hurricane Sandy and the board members involved

Talked to Doug (dboneesq) today and he and the family are OK. They have been without power for 2 days and it looks like it will be a week or so until they will. He has been working with his neighbors cutting trees down and trying to clear debris. Also, he probably wont be on here for a while so if you're trying to get a hold of him don't worry, he will get back to you when he gets power.

Prayers sent to everyone involved in this Hurricane.

Any other board members that we haven't heard from since the Hurricane?

Comments

• tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    ThoseBackPages
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • The powers been out for 3+ days so far. No idea when it will be back.

Other then that, minimal damage to my property. Others in my area no so lucky unfortunately.

Mike, sorry I didn't call back, my reception is spotty (Thanks AT&T) and its late now.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Nick (nam812) is well and suffered no ill effects. I'm thankful for that.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I believe CPAMike, the two Canfields, and Scott (OTWcards) live in those vicinities as well. Hopefully everyone is good to go with none or minimal damage

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Those are some great board members, who have been mentioned. I hope you guys are all okay!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I hope one of the hobby's most prolific collectors, Mr. Jim Crandell, is doing okay.
  • Regards to Doug and all board members.
    Me wife and baby got evacuated yesterday morning from Hoboken. If you watch CBS you may have seen us.
    At my family now. Praying for everyone and trying to go back to Hoboken to drop some supplies.
    Be safe everyone.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to all in involved and hope you guys can get back to normal sooner than later

We made out OK here on Cape Cod.
  • I'd like to add my prayers.

I'm feeling thankful hearing that nam and his are OK.

Hope Scott's good too.
  • Hope everyone is OK. Everything is alright here with the exception of the hole in my garage wall. A wind gust must have picked something up somewhere and shot it through my garage like a missile.

• << <i>I believe CPAMike, the two Canfields, and Scott (OTWcards) live in those vicinities as well. Hopefully everyone is good to go with none or minimal damage

Mike >>

Thanks Mike for thinking of us. Jon (canjond) was visiting us here in Naples, FL for the weekend. He was supposed to return to NYC on Monday. He did finally manage to get on a flight out of Orlando Wed. night. Power has been cut to his building so he is staying with his girlfriends parents in Brooklyn. As for me, I'm on the southwest coast of FL and this hurricaine tracked on the east side. It was just a wind event for us here.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all that have been affected and are suffering by this disaster.

Doug
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, sorry I didn't call back, my reception is spotty (Thanks AT&T) and its late now. >>

No problem Eric. Just checking in to make sure you were good. I lost a chimney cap and my light outside my back door, but that was it. Had 4 trees blocking roads around my house with one taking a header through a neighbors roof. At least no one was home there. Fire Department cut the trees enough to get cars through, but they are still tangled in the power lines. Probably similar to what Doug is experiencing. Still over 70% of Long Island without power. By the weekend, I predict some very unhappy people.

I heard from Tim (Grote15) and he is good as well. Just no power like the rest of us.

Glad to hear that everyone made out o.k. so far and hope everyone we haven't heard from made out well too. Hang in there.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Thinking about those members who are without power, had damage done to their property, or even worse. Praying for you members and everyone that went through that catastrophic piece of ---- storm.

Hope everyone can get their power back on as soon as possible and can get back to some sort of normalcy.

Praying for you guys.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I'm in central Jersey and we were hit pretty hard. Fortunately, there was no damage to the house. We haven't had power since Monday, but everyone is hard at work to fix the lines. Here is a picture from down the road (next to a golf course).

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    Literally in the dark for days.

I live 15 miles north from midtown (NYC), NO power since Monday 545 pm. Lots of down trees and down power lines.

At a local library now and online for the first time in days.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Muggyman is okay... even though I haven't seen him on here lately. Did he get bammed?
  • That's very nice, thanks jeffcbay.

I am so lucky and thankful, all is well!

Best wishes to all affected, it is so terrible that we are the news.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've been in contact with former member Jay (MarkMcGwireMuseum); he sounds okay in NJ, out of power, but he has power at work.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear everyone is safe. I am without power or heat for third day but consider myself lucky as a tree in my yard was uprooted but fell away from my house.

Best wishes and prayers to all and their families.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Tim, Mike and Eric. in the aNd.situation as.you guys. lost power ten in the morning on Monday. Eight now I am waiting on line for gas. probably about an your. glad you guys are safe.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not all that familiar with the names mentioned except for Nick who I consider a good friend here at cu, glad everyone is Ok and hope everything goes smooth in the recovery.