Home Precious Metals
Options

I like Gold and Silver, but Copper is growing on me. Happy Halloween!

I like large size currency and silver dollars.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giggidy!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Halloween costumes.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Damn carbon spots on the copper piece getting in the way of viewing the full beauty!
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, Nope, not going to stick foot in mouth....

But, thank you!

No, really, thank you...
    COA
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! My favorite column in the periodic table.

I like the warning for the attack alligator as well.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP's photo is a treat.

Here's the trick:

peacockcoins

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Tonight, I'm partial to gold...
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule 6) This forum is about Precious Metals. If your post is not directly related to Precious Metals then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same poster who had a major objection to political content in another thread on this forum. Granted, some of the comments were getting over the top, but a warning might have been sufficient. INSTEAD, vibrOnics decided to go to management with his issues. The blowback was enough to get Don Willis involved such that any discussion of precious metals as it relates to politics is now off limits under the threat of expulsion. That's a loss for all of us.

I enjoyed some of those discussions, and for the most part they were germaine to the discussions of precious metals. Further, I rarely saw vibrOnics contribute to any of the precious metals discussion threads unless they had political content.

So, now it's supposed to be ok for vibrOnics to break the same rule he invoked about some stuff he didn't particularly want to hear. It's ok for him to post pics that have absolutely nothing to do with precious metals as long as he's the one doing it. It's ok for vibrOnics to invoke Rule No.6 to complain about politically-relevant comments relating to precious metals as long as Rule No. 6 works for him. Fair is fair. I'm calling vibrOnics out for his duplicity.

Posted by vibrOnics:

nice costumes, by the way.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<If I'm not mistaken, this is the same poster who had a major objection to political content in another thread on this forum. The blowback was enough to get Don Willis involved. So, it's ok for him but not for something relevant as long as he's the one doing it? Fair is fair>>

Not the same imo and I look at it differently

The political threads/polls were getting out of control. The rheotic bordered on the absurd. The line in the sand on "thread acceptability" and subsequent replies kept getting moved until "the man" had to get involved. It's too bad as the political landscape does effect PM's and now we live in a forum where it's to the other extreme. Cold turkey and gagged. It kind of sucks.

This thread was harmless and cute and on topic by default of the picture. BTW- I will take what's behind door number 3. It's the best thread going on the PM Forum. Thank God for it. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    A simple warning should have sufficed, but he got management involved and the rest of the board suffers the fallout. The place is now like a one-armed man clapping.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>A simple warning should have sufficed, but he got management involved and the rest of the board suffers the fallout. The place is now like a one-armed man clapping. >>

I wasn't aware he got the man involved. Really? I missed that admission. My Dad always punished the tattler more then the one being tattled on. A practice that I approve of in principal. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A simple warning should have sufficed, but he got management involved and the rest of the board suffers the fallout. The place is now like a one-armed man clapping. >>

I'm siding with jmski52 on this one.

Post should be deleted.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    Jmski,

Well, first, I'm sorry my fun post on Halloween of three attractive women dressed as *precious metals* for Halloween ruined your day. I thought it was fun, seasonal, and indeed precious metals related. I concede, it's not a clone of the hundreds of "is silver going up/down?" posts, though, so if that is your standard for being strictly on topic, then I understand where you are coming from.

Honestly, I think you're trying to make something out of nothing simply because you think I conspired to have political posts removed. To be clear, I neither make the rules nor enforce them, so perhaps your angst would be better directed to those who do. I'm flattered you think I wield such authority here, but in fact, I do not.

And it's worth repeating, there are thousands upon thousands of places to discuss politics. Here..

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "And it's worth repeating, there are thousands upon thousands of places to discuss politics."

Which site do recommend we use to post scantily clad people?

Got gold?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

i could learn to like copper (and already do )real quick image life is good image
  • Options

<< <i>The blowback was enough to get Don Willis involved such that any discussion of precious metals as it relates to politics is now off limits under the threat of expulsion. That's a loss for all of us. >>

I think your interpretation of Don's sticky post (which has since been removed) is incorrect. Political discussions related to precious metals are not off limits. For example, discussion of scenarios about political outcomes and their potential impact on PM prices would, in fact, quite obviously be "directly related to Precious Metals" and well within the rules. The posts that Don chose to remove apparently did not meet that standard. To be clear, no one - not me, not Don - is stifling relevant political discussion here. Enough said.
  • Options

<< <i>The OP's photo is a treat.

Here's the trick:
    image >>

I love it. Those are some... wait for it... "heavy" metals.

• Options
    This thread delivers. If you guys mess it up I swear I will bring my wrath of internet doom upon you...and I'll immortalize it in a painting that will survive us all that points out the fact that you took away this fine fine PM thread away from the planet and thusly are a total tool of the man.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted here about a month or so ago about how I confessed
    that I dumped some silver out on the bed and rolled around in
    it, I stand by that statement especially with that with a seasonal
    on topic pic like the OP provided, as it was meant to be humorous
    and was within the guidelines of a GREAT fourm here.

Remember if we get to "tight" were gonna CRACK, and BTW my vote
    is for NO.#1, its always good to have a little Silver aroundimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    I think your interpretation of Don's sticky post (which has since been removed) is incorrect. Political discussions related to precious metals are not off limits. For example, discussion of scenarios about political outcomes and their potential impact on PM prices would, in fact, quite obviously be "directly related to Precious Metals" and well within the rules. The posts that Don chose to remove apparently did not meet that standard. To be clear, no one - not me, not Don - is stifling relevant political discussion here. Enough said.

Let's be clear, do you work for PCGS? We interpret Don's post differently. If I have it wrong, I'd like some official confirmation.

This thread delivers. If you guys mess it up I swear I will bring my wrath of internet doom upon you...and I'll immortalize it in a painting that will survive us all that points out the fact that you took away this fine fine PM thread away from the planet and thusly are a total tool of the man.

lol, this worries me more than even Rule No. 6.image

I posted here about a month or so ago about how I confessed
    that I dumped some silver out on the bed and rolled around in
    it, I stand by that statement especially with that with a seasonal
    on topic pic like the OP provided, as it was meant to be humorous
    and was within the guidelines of a GREAT fourm here.

I actually thought that post was very funny.

To further belabor the point, it was the stiffling of any legit political discourse relating to precious metals markets that I object to. As I said, some of the comments at the time were over the top and should have elicited a warning. But, the invocation of "Rule 6" was initiated by vibrOnics and was specifically highlighted in Don's post. I thought his directive was pretty darned clear.

Cute women = good. Funny = good. Double standard = not so good.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's be clear, do you work for PCGS? We interpret Don's post differently. If I have it wrong, I'd like some official confirmation. >>

No, I do not work for PCGS. I am just going by the letter of the law. If it's "directly related to precious metals", it's good to go. Somehow I pulled off the miracle of combining Halloween, pretty ladies, and precious metals for a little fun, and I'm called out for posting a forum rule over a week ago. Sheesh. I think it is within the rules - I would not have posted it otherwise. I'm glad you liked the costumes at least!

<< <i>To further belabor the point, it was the stiffling of any legit political discourse relating to precious metals markets that I object to. As I said, some of the comments at the time were over the top and should have elicited a warning. But, the invocation of "Rule 6" was initiated by vibrOnics and was specifically highlighted in Don's post. I thought his directive was pretty darned clear. >>

To recap, this forum was peppered repeatedly with presidential debate threads, with no mention whatsoever of PMs. I commented ONE time (hardly a "major objection") by simply posting the quote of rule 6, and the dismissive response from OP was basically "get over it, dude, there are lots of off topic political posts". Well, OK then, have it your way. I believe Don's intent was to stem those types of posts - after all, those are the ones that went poof.

Personally, I come here to see a diversity of perspectives on topics related to PMs, including the dramatic influence of policy and/or elections on PMs. I can't imagine the discussion of that relationship being forbidden. If I can get a bit of clarity from our forum overlords, I will relay it.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, this thread is within the rules yet some of the posts arguing and belaboring the point it is not- are not.

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>image >>

This needs to be on every page.
  • Options
    I'm with Busta and where the heck is platinum image

MJ
  • Options
    Buster, you're my favorite echo chamber.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I personally believe in diversification.
    COA
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

<< <i>where the heck is platinum >>

*That's* the idea. Rhodium, iridium, osmium and rhenium are all pretty precious too. More!
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Heavier metals lol
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx