Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Add to BBL- Joey Farino has a new ebay id

King of Alts(joeyf, sam1952, jbooge, mantlefan81, deaddead, cardcollector2000) has opened a new ebay id - lexguy81. Also operating under italianz31...Add both to your bbl list or be prepared for a threat of negative feedback in exchange for a lower price.

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I just purchased from him and met him in person. I bought a 1956 aaron PSA 6. The card and holder are fine to my knowledge. Not sure what to make of any of this. The whole Jordan rookie thing that I viewed.......can anyone truly base anything on the font when PSA has changed the font like 15 times in the past 15 years------I'm being serious. Honestly, I'm a bit disturbed by all of this since I actually have met this person and live nearby.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just purchased from him and met him in person. I bought a 1956 aaron PSA 6. The card and holder are fine to my knowledge. Not sure what to make of any of this. The whole Jordan rookie thing that I viewed.......can anyone truly base anything on the font when PSA has changed the font like 15 times in the past 15 years------I'm being serious. Honestly, I'm a bit disturbed by all of this since I actually have met this person and live nearby. >>

Ive never met with him or dealt with him, but, reputation follows. Be careful!! Being able to meet him in person helps, but, did he burn others on internet deals? I dont know? Will he burn U? Again, I dont know
    but its something to think about?
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trust Mrmint on this one.
  • Options
    I too have recently bought a 1950 Bowman Ted Williams from him and transaction was as smooth as can be. No complaints here
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think it's a question on if he is a good seller.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say what happened. I know Mrmint23 is a good board member. It was an Ebay deal. Don't really know anything about Joey. If someone wants to PM me facts....I will listen and then if Joey wants to talk cards again....I will straight up ask him straight to his face.....I promise all of you.

Mickey71
    Danny
  • Options
    Has anyone here thats dealt with him been threatened with negative feedback in exchange for a lower price? Also were the accusations against him proven with facts or is all this hearsay? I would need to see some hard proof before I started accusing someone. I dont know him personally but the transaction I had was pleasant and interacted with him over emails and he seems like a real nice guy. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    The problem is not with him selling....it is with him buying. He has some sort of a double scam going on. He will buy something and then try to extort money from the person with threats of negative feedback, paypal disputes, etc.....once he gets what he wants, he then sells it sometimes for what it seems for much less. Im not sure if he has a credit card scam thing going on or what...but just be very cautious because someone at the bottom of the pyramid is going to be left with a bunch of nothing.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    BTW - I'm pretty sure he's on the board using id "YankeeHero74"
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I received emails from Joey after responding to this thread: Thread link

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    BTW - I'm pretty sure he's on the board using id "YankeeHero74"

+1

Funny you mentioned that - I also thought and still think the same thing even before this was written.
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone here thats dealt with him been threatened with negative feedback in exchange for a lower price? Also were the accusations against him proven with facts or is all this hearsay? I would need to see some hard proof before I started accusing someone. I dont know him personally but the transaction I had was pleasant and interacted with him over emails and he seems like a real nice guy. Just my 2 cents. >>

None of this is hearsay. Joey Farino is a scumbag scam artist. Fake cards, trimmed cards, fake flips, using innocent people to be the fall guy, threatening negative feedback, etc. He's real bad for the hobby. I would love to do a face to face transaction with him but I doubt I would ever be so lucky.

And the problem isn't just with him buying, it's also with him selling. Here's a story I posted about an eBay encounter I had with him... Linkage

mrmint is doing a good deed by keeping others aware of this loser.