Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chipped 1976 Topps PSA 10 Ryan

Ryan

Wonder if the holder made that chipping on the right edge?

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the chipping you speak of.....
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is up an inch and a half on the right along with a print dot close to the N.

This grade is a little puzzling to me.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    thats a bs grade by psa . a huge fish eye and the edge ding!!! geez psa. i fine with a psa 9 but noway a psa 10...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Weird to be flagging this ten weeks later...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    As a coincidence, we also have the "NICEST COPY ON EARTH!" up on ebay right now. Admittedly, that one is pretty sharp and clean, despite the imperfect centering.

• Options
    I'm gonna hold out for the one on Mars. I hear that collector is thinking about breaking up his collection. What a stupid title.
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Nice tilt..
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Some of the corners barely look NM-MT let alone Gem Mint when you zoom in image
  • Options
    With that print dot coupled with the notch half way up the right border...how did that card receive a 10?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    you had to ask, didn't you.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    The first one with the chip is so ridiculous....I would look at that, send it in, and expect an 8

It's just totally random stuff. What's the system? How many graders did this pass through to get this 10 and make the seller $3,000.00 instead of a couple hundred?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Given how probstein works, it probably WAS an 8 or 9 at one point in the not so distant past.
  • Options
    doog71doog71 Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I was in no way trying to implicate Rick Probstein here, I have had nothing but perfect dealings with him.

My question was more along the lines of if anyone's had a card damaged like that by the holder once it's in there, since the card can jostle around.