Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bulk submissions and declared value

I have submitted thousands of cards to PSA, but have not done so for at least five years.
In the past, if I submitted a large bulk order with hundreds of cards, I did not pay much attention
To the declared value limit. For example, if I sent 400 cards at $5 each, I would include a NM-MT
1980 Magic-Bird RC, and never had any problems. does anyone have any experience where cards were returned, or were undergraded as a result of this? Especially in situations where an 8 might be $200 card but a 7 is a $75 card,.it seems subjective.

What I don't want is for the grader to assume the higher dollar cards must be lower grades if they were submitted in this manner.

Thoughts?
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options

I am 99.9% sure that graders don't see and wouldn't care anyways about declared value.

It really is just if that Magic-Bird card got ruined or lost or whatever, you'd only get $5 back.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention, the submission guidelines state ” for cards with declared value under $100.”
    This is why I included the example of 7 vs 8.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    It has more to do with insurance, but that said, PSA also doesn't want you to cheat on the submission level. As we've learned in other threads, if you send in a big card like Bird/Magic RC and you happen to score a 10, there's a pretty good chance you'll get an email from them stating the card was submitted incorrectly and they could ding you some $$ for higher submission level and for added insurance on declared value.