Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Specials?

I'd really like to see something that included supersized cards. I've got a bunch just sitting around!
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    Are specials posted on the psacard.com website or only through gold and platinum members?
  • Options
    Actually, I think they're listed on Facebook before any other place.
  • Options
    I guess I should like them on fb.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the specials are?
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I could go for another pack special.

Joe

• Options
    MOrning,

Anything on Facebook yet? I can't look at work!

Thanks

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    I don't see anything. Hope I'm looking at the right place!
  • Options
    Evening,

Anything on Facebook?

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything on their page.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Today is November. Any update to the specials?
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Nothing yet on their website or Facebook. image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    and we exhort you, brethren, admonish the disorderly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the infirm, be patient unto all......
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and we exhort you, brethren, admonish the disorderly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the infirm, be patient unto all...... >>

1 Thessalonians 5:14 shout out!

My eBay Store =)

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    The special should be all cards for $100 each. These guys are so backed and that most submissions are taking forever to log in and insanely long to grade. They obviously need to hire more people or (gasp) becime more efficient.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    PSA HIRE SOME PEOPLE , last sub was 13 days to log and im on business day 51 on a 72 card sub.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Called customer service, specials are same as last month just add .25 cents per card. There is a Pack special.

Collectors Club Special #1
    $5.50 per Card - 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For cards '56 to Present valued under $100 each •For Collectors Club Members Only
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days
    Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 11/1/2012 - 11/30/2012!

Collectors Club Special #2:
    $5.75 per Card - 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For cards '33 -'55 valued under $100 each •For Collectors Club Members Only
    •Turnaround time approximately 45 business days, but can vary with demand
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 11/1/2012 - 11/30/2012

Collectors Club Special #4:
    Packs $12 - No Minimum Quantity Required
    For Packs 1957-Present Valued Under $250 each

Neil

• Options
    Very frustrating for submitters who have been grading cards with psa for a long time now. This is the worst I've ever seen. Don't know the reason. I don't see the logic in raising the prices for grading when people's orders are taking A LOT longer. I have a current order that I paid $35 for a 5 day service and we are now on 7 days. One would think they would want to show a littly sympathy towards their customers and lower prices, not raise them. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Good to see a pack special!

I think last one was $10 but still better than $14.
    Best thing is if I send them in I can't open them.

Joe

Collectors Club Special #4:
    Packs $12 - No Minimum Quantity Required
    For Packs 1957-Present Valued Under $250 each

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    That November special took alot of thought!
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I would wait till they're posted.........the review special looks different as to what Neil wrote....$500 declared value????????????....I will wait and see.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if it is $500 declared value on the review special, I may actually renew my membership and submit some of my cards. Would still like to see a review special that offers a better discount on the $65/$35 per card service levels. For a review, that's outrageous.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Yeah, I was trying to jot it down while listening, I removed that one, I am pretty sure it wasn't a Review special, (I copied and pasted their template and didn't remove the Review word), it was just a $10 per card no minimum. I am sure it was $500 value though as I asked twice when I heard that amount.

Neil
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I have no idea what the Nov. specials are.......

I'd like to see PSA have a review special that works like this:

You send in a card valued at say $300 SMR/VCP. PSA reviews it for a bump.
    If it doesn't bump, they charge you around $7. Afterall, it's already authenticated as
    legit so that part of the grading process is done. All they need to do is take a look
    at the corners, edges, surface, focus, and centering. That should take like two minutes max.

If it bumps, they charge you the value of the bump grade your card received.
    So say this $300 card is a 8, and goes to a 8.5 and it's suddenly worth $500.
    You would pay $15 or whatever they charge for that grade. If it gets bumped
    to a PSA 9 level and the card is worth $1500, you pay $30-35 for the review.

I'd much rather pay for the bump at fair market value with the non-bumped cards
    at a lower rate, than a flat rate for all of the cards you send in for review.

I'd send tons of cards to PSA if they offered this type of service.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    I was told today submissions are taking 50 to 55 days on average. In other words, they will have your money for over two months before you see any grades.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I love PSA but it's pretty frustrating that 45 days isn't guaranteed. Do any competitors of PSA guarantee their turn times? It seems as though that might be a good way to differentiate in this industry.

I wish PSA would just bite the bullet and have a standing 75 day (guaranteed)/150 card special for $4.75 per card. I'd rather wait for four months and KNOW when the order will be finished than pray for a super special all year long or send cards in on a $5.25 special and have no clue when they'll be finished.

For those of us who have modern cards to submit, the November BGS specials aren't really intriguing, either.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

BGS Nov Special = 5-Day Grading for just $16/card (Savings up to $5/card) Submit any number of cards you want for this great offer on one of our fastest grading service level.
    Or
    20-Day Service for just $8/card (Savings up to $3/card) Submit any number of cards, under this offer and have them graded for just $8/card at our 20-day level.

PSA must be killing them to offer these deals!
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, psa used to reward their members for paying their yearly membership with a $14/5 day membership service. Now it's $35 for 5 days and I'm currently on day number 8 of my recent submission. If you raise your prices or no longer offer great service levels at least gurantee your service levels in terms of days.
  • Options
    Here are the November Collector's Club Specials:

#1: $5.50 per card, 25 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1956-Present (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins)

#2: $5.75 per card, 25 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1933-1955 (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins)

#3: $10 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per card, 20 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, thicker/patch cards, coins/pins are permitted; however Supersized, T3s and autograph cards are excluded)

#4- Pack Special: $12 per pack, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per pack, 45 day turnaround, 1957- present.

Set-Registry Special: Autograph Trading Card Special (Any autographed licensed trading card, Red Flip) $15 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 30 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Supersized, Thicker Memorabilia/Patch Cards are permitted; however T-3’s are excluded)

DNA Special: 50% off any single-signed baseball autograph regularly $49 or less.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally get my pack special. Was hoping for $10. I think the regular price is $14.
    Daniel
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I finally get my pack special. Was hoping for $10. I think the regular price is $14. >>

Correct for packs 1972 or later. The special covers pre-1972 packs too though which are pricier to grade normally.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Very frustrating for submitters who have been grading cards with psa for a long time now. This is the worst I've ever seen. Don't know the reason. I don't see the logic in raising the prices for grading when people's orders are taking A LOT longer. I have a current order that I paid $35 for a 5 day service and we are now on 7 days. One would think they would want to show a littly sympathy towards their customers and lower prices, not raise them. Just my 2 cents.

Generally speaking, businesses do the exact opposite. When they have more business than they can handle the general course of action is to raise prices, not reduce them.