Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How to add variation to a Master Set

How do you add a variation to a Master Set ? What is the procedure ? Also do you send in the card and ask them to add the variation stats to the label ? Will PSA do it ? Don't want to send the cards in if they don't label it as a variation ?

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    It would help to know what specific card you are talking about. Some times it takes a bit to get them to recognize a variation. Even harder if it's not noted in Beckett. The reason it's hard is that in many cases I don't think there spec people are collectors.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best bet is to call and get someone who will let you send them a scan of the card in question. I am currently trying to get this done and you could have a little trouble, but if you have a good case it might get added. After they grade it of course.

It might also take a few months to get added even if it's approved.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your set in the Registry...click "edit"...find "report a cert that should match this composite"...follow the info and enter the PSA cert #...wait 2-3 months.

OR, email Cosetta (CRobbins@collectors.com) to seek further assistance. Cosetta is always very helpful and will respond to you pretty quickly.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If card is graded without a notation that it is a variation, trying to add it yourself will not work.

Card must be graded and PSA will have to recognize it as a variation on the label. THEN you can add it to a set........maybe. It could take two or three months for PSA to get it added. You will most likely have to discuss it with Cosetta and convince her it belongs in your players set. As jradke4 points out, it would be helpful to know what card(s) you are referring to.

I had two cards that had my player on the front and a different player on the back. Cards were from 1974 and if you do any research, you will find that Topps must have screwed up a few sheets as there are quite a few "wrongbacks" from this particular year. Both cards were identical even down to the grade. They were graded as a regular card of my player. I guess they don't read the backs at PSA, just look at them for the grade?

After resubmitting the cards TWICE they finally figured out what I was trying to do and shot me down. They removed the cards from the holders and issued me vouchers.

I don't agree, but it's not that big of a deal.

Good luck.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i agree with joe. you fall into a trap if you try to add a card "mis-labeled" prior to the change. it will be tough to get that card out of that slot into an new one.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's