Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Value of a multi signed ball

Hello, im going to a sports memorabilia auction next month and theres a hof multi signed baseball with full jsa cert, im no baseball autograph expert so im wondering on price, its an AL ball in pen signed by : Chaz. Gehringer, Wilhelm, Berra, Brooks robinson, Musial, Ernie Banks, and pee wee reese. f somebody could give me a ball park value please let me know. Thanks (: -nathan
Nathan Wagner

Comments

• Options
    I would say $75-125.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    relatively common HOF signatures, I'd agree with Oaktown on value; perhaps a good start on a HOF ball to add others....

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    I'd pay probably what ever the most expensive auto is on the item... I'd say multi-signed projects don't normally turn out to be huge money makers, unless it's something like the NBA top 50 project or HOF 3000 hits bat.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Alright guys thanks a bunch, really appreciate your time and the input (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I say more
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>I say more >>

I agree. If it's ball point pen and the ball and sits are clean it's 250-350 at least.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you are buying it for yourself or for resale, but if for resale, I wouldn't pay over Oaktowns or IMF's estimates. Those are extremely common autographs on a baseball, and you won't have much room for any resale profit at higher levels.

However, if you are buying it to enjoy, then pay whatever your comfort level is for it for the amount of joy or appreciation it will give you. That's going to differ for everyone so hard to put a value on that.

good luck with your decision

mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Absolutely well put Navarro, im looking to resell and get some money for more football signatures, i don't collect baseball even though I love watching i keep my football autographs. I had thought the signatures may add up at $30 each to about 240-250, so id want to be in it 120-130 considering the authentication would be done for me...but that's why I need to get opinions here on what people would shell out, because veteran baseball collectors truly dictate the market. There is a vintage autographed Lions football there too that I can't wait to get my mitts on (: There's also some really nice looking mantle cards...but thiere a whole nother monster and I don't mess with cards, personally I don't know how some guys are able to spot that .5 difference that makes a card worth thousands more, its truly an art form in itself. Again Thanks for the input mdube, i think it should bring 150-250, usually sports stuff sells cheap at local auctions and you find some real scores people dont appreciate.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    sounds like a great auction...good luck!

(yes...125ish wholesale for the ball to resell and make 75-150)