Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Photos in the Registry: What am I Missing?

Every once in awhile I get an urge to put up photos on the registry, but it never works. My set says that pictures are uploaded, but they don't show when I'm viewing the set and when I click on the "Set Item Album," it just shows the caption of a photo, but there's no photo. I'm uploading rather large JPEG images using Firefox. I quickly scanned the User Guide and didn't see anything on the subject. What am I missing?
Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps make the images smaller....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options

<< <i>Perhaps make the images smaller.... >>

Nope...should have mentioned that I've experimented with that. I've reduced images from 3 MB to 178 KB, and have exactly the same problem.

I've also tried uploading the file in Explorer, with no luck.
  • Options
    Change the file name to something very basic, like "test". I have found that using longer names (e.g., 1971 #60 Perreault PSA-8) sometimes leads to problems with uploading. I haven't been able to figure out which file names or characters or length is a problem...but sometimes I can't get a particular card to upload and then am able to simply be choosing a very short name for the image. It couldn't hurt to try. Good luck.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I think alsrevenge is correct. If I recall, the # sign (and perhaps a few other symbols) cause problems. The name length should not be a problem. I had named my files #1, #2 etc. and ran into the problem you mention. Good luck. It's always nice to have pictures with your set. Looks very professional. - Kevin M.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I Use the cert number as the file name. Works fine for me.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I'd also say check the file names you have your photos under. The registry doesn't accept symbols in the file names.
    1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps
  • Options
    That was it! Thanks guys!