Home Autographs Forum
Options

Vintage Abbott and Costello Unpublished Candid C. 1952

Hi,

Here is a very scarce unpublished candid photograph of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello hamming for the camera C. 1952 in San Francisco. This was from the Violet and Francis Zane Collection of signed and unsigned theater material, which was made up of over 250,000 pieces. It took me about 5 years or so to find such a photo of these two with 1 change-out. I used to have a candid of Lou signing an autograph and a 1945 signed Costello check - but this is much more evocative and unusual. I hope you enjoy it. Authentication by me.

Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, Candid photograph, C. 1952, EX-Violet and Francis Zane Collection, © Eric Keith Longo Collection 2012

Best wishes,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    Who got a fav Bud & Lou movie??

Eric
  • Options
    bumped for rarity! image

Eric
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome photo.
    I like most all of their movies but Buck Privates is one of my favs.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hello Sparky!

Thanks for commenting. This was one lonely post but now it has action image
    I always thought this photo was one of my "killers" - I still can't believe I have it. On Sunday morning, my dad would go and get rolls and bacon and coffee, and we would watch that weeks Bud and Lou at 11:30 until 1 pm. It is as fond a memory as The Honeymooners and Star Trek at 1:30 and 12:00 am respectively - and all on WPIX Ch. 11 NY. 1 am was....The Twilight Zone! All this DVD - today's kids need to wait for 2 years, checking every night, just to see a favored episode. It made it worth so much more!!!

Buck Privates - love the math bit!! What times what = 28 or some such. image

Eric